Wilkes Campus - This position will require traveling within the Wilkes Community College service area of Wilkes, Ashe, and Alleghany Counties as well as state-wide travel, which may require overnights.
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, December 1, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Minimum – Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Must be willing to obtain NC CORE credentials or have NRS-approved credentials.
MA in Higher Education
This is a full-time, 12-month position reporting to the director of College & Career Readiness/Basic Skills (CCR). Performance of duties involving decision-making and good judgement, which requires knowledge and understanding of the division programs and compliance procedures for State and Federal policies to ensure continuous program improvement. This position will require traveling within the Wilkes Community College service area of Wilkes, Ashe, and Alleghany Counties as well as state-wide travel, which may require overnights. The Adult High School/High School Equivalency (AHS/HSE) coordinator will be responsible for multiple programs within the College & Career Readiness Division.
The AHS/HSE coordinator for College Readiness/Basic Skills will be responsible for the following programs:
- Adult High School
- High School Equivalency
- Multiple Pathways HSE (MPHSE)
- Career & College Readiness (CCR) Moodle Site
- Software Platforms
- Annual Graduation
- NorthStar Technology Assessment
The AHS/HSE coordinator for College Readiness/Basic Skills will:
- Ensure compliance with State and Federal policies
- Direct professional development activities and training for new instructors
- Ensure continuous improvement in assigned areas through open dialogue with division staff and external partners
- Fulfill the role of lead instructor in the classroom
- Update the Policy and Procedure manual yearly
- Participate in grant writing for funding purposes
- Maintain affiliation agreements
- Curriculum Development
- Review official transcripts and assign credits
- Be committed to the college’s mission, vision, and core values
- Participate in professional development opportunities, both internally and externally
- Serve on college committees and task forces, as assigned
- Understand and be committed to the mission of the NC Community College System
- Other related duties as required by supervisor.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact