Closes: Friday, August 6, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- The minimum qualifications for this position include an Associate Degree in Business Administration, or related area field, and one year of work experience.
- Proficiency in non-profit finance and/or accounting.
- Excellent administrative, decision-making and organizational skills to include proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Access and Excel.
- Commitment to being a team player.
- Willingness to participate in community service events.
- Willingness to carry out institutional effectiveness activities and participate in the life of the college (e.g., serve on committees, participate in activities).
- Commitment to the community college “open door” philosophy and the comprehensive community college concept.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, or related field.
- Experience in fund raising and/or institutional advancement in higher education or related area field.
- Computer skills to include basic competency in Blackbaud/eTapestry software or other donor tracking databases.
The Advancement Associate reports to the Dean of Institutional Effectiveness and Advancement and provides support to the Institutional Effectiveness and Advancement department and the SCC Foundation, Inc. In order to fulfill the objectives of this position, the Advancement Associate assists the Dean of Institutional Effectiveness and Advancement in daily tasks and activities relating to institutional research, assessment, planning accreditation, support of the College and system initiatives. The position also assists in the management of the SCC Foundation activities, creates and maintains donor records and other databases and assists Business Office staff members in the preparation and management of financial records and other Foundation projects.
Institutional Effectiveness and Advancement
- Assist the Division of Institutional Effectiveness and Advancement with regard to activities of the offices, committee responsibilities, and deadlines.
- Manage incoming and outgoing communications for the Dean of Institutional Effectiveness and Advancement, confidentially and in priority order and alerting the Dean of any issues, concerns, or potential problems.
- Provide general administrative support to the Dean of Institutional Effectiveness and Advancement.
- Maintain departmental management calendar. Schedule and make all necessary arrangements for meetings, conferences, and appointments.
- Compile and/or proofread a wide variety of complex reports, letters, memoranda, and statistical charts.
- Oversee the centralization, organization, and ongoing maintenance of departmental files to ensure a well- organized file system.
- Oversee the processing of all expenses, requisitions, and blanket purchase orders for the department.
- Provide support for departmental related committees, work groups, and other meetings including preparing agendas, taking minutes, and following up on action items.
- Respond to internal and external stakeholders during scheduled business hours.
- Maintains an understanding of the work of colleagues to effectively provide back-up and/or support for co-workers during times when the department is short-staffed or experiencing increased volumes of work.
- Ensure timely facilitation of quarterly academic and assessment procedures.
- Provide support to fellow co-workers.
- Prepares reporting at the request of the Dean of Institutional Effectiveness and Advancement.
- Participates in planning and development of all student learning outcomes as directed by the Dean of Institutional Effectiveness and Advancement.
- Assists in the development of capital campaigns, planned giving and annual campaigns to include campus-wide/employee campaigns.
- Assists in campaign strategy planning, implementation and preparation as administrative support.
- Prepares and provides reporting materials for Foundation campaigns or special events.
- Processes all donor transactions through the Business Office and keys information accurately into the Constituent Software (eTapestry)
- Assists with budget development and strategic plan for SCC Foundation.
- Develops campaign-related marketing materials.
- Develops and manages campaign, tracking, solicitation efforts and campaign progress.
- Coordinates planning, preparation and administrative support for campaigns and events which may include evenings and weekends.
- Provides information to Foundation directors, donors and other public inquirers regarding on-going activities, special events and contributions as appropriate
- Serves on the Scholarship Awards Committee.
- Prepare scholarship criteria as directed by the Foundation Director.
- Coordinate student scholarship recipient meeting.
- Coordinates with the Financial Aid and Business Office to assist the awarding process of Foundation and SCC Success scholarships.
- Serves as administrative support for Ambassador program, ambassador leadership meetings including the year end retreat and maintains activity book.
- Provides administrative support for survey completion, planning documents and other institutional effectiveness documentation.
- Assists with audit requests to complete reports for annual Foundation audit.
- Prepares and maintains SCC Foundation budgets and records for expenditures and payments, while ensuring adherence to internal policies and procedures
- Manages electronic uploaded files from various sources as needed.
- Sends written correspondence (letters, memorials and honor gifts) to donors.
- Maintains Foundation records through filing, retrieval, coding, updating and purging.
- Coordinates the development of and manages special promotional activities, social media presence and other communications outlets to enhance the community’s awareness and understanding of the Foundation’s and how it supports the college’s mission and goals.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Dean of Institutional Effectiveness and Advancement and the SCC Foundation Director.
- Participates in professional development activities to stay current in the field
How to Apply
Excellent references from previous employers must be furnished upon request. Salary is dependent upon qualifications, experience, and labor market. Position is to be filled no later than August 23rd, 2021.
A completed Southeastern Community College application form, a resume, and undergraduate and graduate transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Deadline for receipt of applications is August 6th, 2021. Applications received after this date may not be considered.
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, and P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Post Contact