- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, October 31, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate degree in Advertising and Graphic Design or related field required; bachelor's or higher preferred.
Experience with Adobe products, website design, and social media design required.
Three years professional experience in graphic design field required.
Teaching experience preferred.
- Must possess good teaching skills, organizational skills, and planning abilities.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Must have the ability to develop good interpersonal relations with students, faculty, and business/industry personnel.
- Must be a good team player.
- Must be willing and able to stay up-to-date on technological changes.
- Must possess strong creative abilities and be sensitive to emerging design trends.
- Must be able to demonstrate a history of resolving difficult design challenges.
All advertised positions are contingent upon available funding.
All employees are paid by direct deposit only.
Portfolio required at interview.
Class specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in the class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Bachelor's or higher preferred.
Provide effective instruction to students online and/or in the classroom by
- preparing for each learning experience
- providing supplemental materials to enhance textbooks and lessons
- maintaining technical proficiency in appropriate hardware and software
- leading portfolio preparation
- using effective evaluation methods to evaluate student performance.
Support student learning outside of the classroom by
- holding regular office hours
- providing information about additional resources outside of class
- advising students
- responding to emails and phone calls in a timely manner so as to promote student success.
Support curriculum development by
- participating in the development and evaluation of courses, curriculum, and programs
- developing, planning, and implementing student learning outcomes
- identifying and developing connections with local industry leaders
- nominating program advisory board members
- leading program advisory committee meetings
- serving as backup for other faculty members.
Promote the success of the college by
- participating in standing and/or ad hoc committees
contributing to the strategic plan
- coordinating the annual student portfolio show
- attending departmental meetings
- identifying and developing student career opportunities
- following college professional and ethical guidelines.
Maintain teaching and work environment by
- maintaining equipment and supplies
- ensuring overall cleanliness and functionality
- ensuring conformance to OSHA standards by providing a safe and pleasant learning environment.
Stay current in Advertising and Graphic Design teaching methodology by
- researching, tracking, communicating, practicing, and challenging contemporary design practices and trends
- meeting or exceeding all institutional professional development guidelines
- participating in professional development workshops and seminars
- participating in professional organizations
- reading journals in the teaching and advertising and/or graphic design fields.
Lead program development by
- identifying, hiring, and supporting adjunct and full-time faculty
- leading recruitment and retention efforts
- scheduling classes and assigning instructors
- fostering Career and College Promise programming
- participating in professional organizations at the state, regional, and national levels
- overseeing SkillsUSA participation
- articulating the overall marketing message of the program
- creating program articulation agreements with four-year partner schools
- determining appropriate course substitutions and credit for transfer courses
- supervising faculty and completing annual evaluations
- completing the annual program assessment cycle.
Maintain accurate records such as attendance, grades, records for accreditation, etc.
Submit reports in a timely manner according to policy.