Closes: Tuesday, May 4, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree; counseling, psychology, education backgrounds preferred
- Willingness to travel to high schools and college sites within service area.
- An associates degree and equivalent experience will be considered.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Experience working with federal financial aid programs
- Experience teaching and advising high school students
- Experience in program development and assessment
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The Advising Specialist, Secondary Partnerships primarily will be responsible for advising support to high school students within the CCCC service area as they prepare to transition to college and coordinating internal resources to provide this assistance. Specific programming efforts will center on maximizing FAFSA completion and connecting students to appropriate college resources.
This position is time-limited through April 30, 2022. It is funded through the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) II and is subject to the availability of federal funding. The possibility of position continuation is subject to the availability of state funding after April 2022.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Participate in the design of an innovative program and partnership to increase FAFSA completion among high school students in the CCCC service area.
- Work with internal and external partners to design processes that promotes FAFSA completion and referral to Career and College Advisors, Financial Aid personnel, Recruiting, Admissions, and College Access personnel.
- Lead and participate in educational sessions for students, parents, high school personnel and other audiences to provide information necessary for potential college application.
- Provide direct assistance with FAFSA completion and verification for students and parents who need it.
- Serve as a New Student Orientation Facilitator
- Assist in the development of programming and materials to interpret and facilitate admissions processes for students
- Analyze effectiveness of outreach and programmatic efforts to determine future enhancements to program delivery.
- Work closely with Career and College Advisors in area high schools to develop the most effective outreach strategy for each high school
- Provide periodic updates to college personnel on outreach efforts.