Mayland Community College is located in the Appalachian Mountains of western North Carolina.
Our successes and achievements consistently receive national rankings.
10th ranked college on the 50 top community colleges — thebestschools.org
32nd ranked college in the top 50 community colleges — Washington Monthly
9th ranked college in the nation’s top 10 community colleges — Bankrate, Inc.
16th ranked in Community Colleges in the U.S. — Create A Career’s Top 25
In its role as the educational gateway to opportunity in Mitchell, Avery, and Yancey counties, Mayland values community, excellence, and opportunity above all.
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, October 15, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's degree in Agricultural Education or a closely related discipline
- Candidates should have good speaking and writing skills
- Master's degree in Agricultural Education or a closely related discipline
- Experience teaching school-based agricultural education
- Experience teaching agricultural mechanics
- Teaching experience.
Mayland Community College is searching for an individual to serve as Instructor / Program Coordinator for the Agribusiness Technology Program.
This full time, ten-month position will include teaching and administration responsibilities for the Associate Degree and Certificate Agribusiness Technology program courses, both on and off campus to include high school classes. Responsibilities will include all aspects of the program including the administration, continuous review, planning, development, and general effectiveness of the program. In addition, this person will advise and recruit students and prepare and submit annual reports. Other duties include, managing the department budget, ordering supplies, etc.
This position is a re-post from June, 2018.
- Prepare teaching plans, demonstration plans, and teaching materials for all classes
- Teach face-to-face and online courses within the Agriculture curriculum.
- Participate in program and course review, development, and assessment
- Serve on committees to hire, mentor, and evaluate adjunct teaching faculty
- Work with the division and department on follow-up of graduates
- Attend all relevant college department meetings and faculty activities including working with advisory committees for AAS programs
- Promote/assist in the development of promotional materials for the Agriculture Department and the division, and assist in the recruitment of students
- Incorporate technology into the curriculum and keep abreast of current technology in the field of Agriculture
- Collaborate with business and industry to develop relationships and support for Agriculture Programs;
- Develop and maintain relationships with local FFA chapters and Ag Programs which includes helping with student events
- Potential course work includes instruction in agriculture, agricultural specialization, business management, accounting, finance, marketing, planning, human resources management, and other managerial responsibilities
How to Apply
Go to Mayland Community College's EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES website at http://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/maylandedu?(link is external)
- If you have previously applied at MCC or another facility utilizing governmentjobs.com (aka NEOGOV), login using your previously established userid and password
- If this is your first time applying through NEOGOV, you will need to register a new account as instructed
Documentation you will need to scan to your application :
- A copy of your transcript(s): If you are chosen for this position, official transcripts should be submitted to the HR Office from the accredited school(s) within 30 days
- Current resume or CV
- Licensures / Certifications
* POSITION WILL CLOSE WHEN A SUITABLE CANDIDATE IS CONFIRMED
Job Post Contact
Mayland Community College