- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, May 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree in Agribusiness, Agriculture Economics, Agriculture Education or a closely related discipline.
- An ability to effectively facilitate student learning in agribusiness courses.
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships with FFA chapters.
- An ability to facilitate learning for students from diverse backgrounds including culture ethnicity, age, gender and ability.
- A commitment to the incorporation of current technology in the field of Agriculture in instruction.
- A willingness to participate in public school and university articulation, advisement, and recruitment programs of the College.
- A willingness to teach in the day, evening, on Saturday, at unconventional times or via distance learning (i.e., interactive TV, telecourse, Internet) as necessary.
- Participation in assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of courses/programs to improve student learning.
- A desire to participate in professional development activities, including those related to the use of critical thinking skills in instructional design and in student development.
- A commitment to the community college "open door" philosophy and the comprehensive community college concept.
- A desire to participate in community service activities.
- An ability to carry out institutional effectiveness activities and participate in the life of the college (e.g. serve on committees, do advisement, participate in activities)
- Master’s degree in Agribusiness, Agriculture Economics, Agriculture Education or a closely related discipline.
- Experience teaching school-based agricultural education.
- Teaching experience in a community college.
Since quality instruction is the primary function of the college, it is the principal responsibility of each Instructor to effectively and efficiently stimulate learning in every course. In addition each faculty member should provide guidance to students through their role as an academic advisor and in more informal ways. Additionally, each faculty member is expected to participate in the governance of the college through committees and divisional meetings, through shared leadership within and across divisions, through personal recommendations to college administrators, and through participation in the Faculty Senate.
How to Apply
The target date for employment is August 1, 2019. Salary is dependent upon qualifications, experience, and labor market. (Contract is for 9.5 months, but will be paid in 12 equal monthly installments). Excellent references from previous employers must be furnished upon request.
A completed Southeastern Community College application form (located on the SCC website), a letter of interest regarding the position requirements, resume, and educational transcripts must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. First review of applications will be June 3, 2019. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472. Telephone (910) 642-7141, extension 310. www.sccnc.edu
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Post Contact