- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, July 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate's degree in Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Technology or other HVAC related Associate's degree.
- Two years' experience in the Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Industry.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- EPA Section 608 Refrigerant Certification.
- College and/or high school teaching experience.
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Technology Instructor (12 month contract) position will be based on the Lee Main Campus in Sanford and may include course sections in Harnett, Chatham or some online duties.
The purpose of an instructor at the Central Carolina Community College is to ensure maximum student learning. The instructor accomplishes this by presenting discipline specific learning outcomes through lecture, lab, demonstration, projects, assignments, appropriate classroom management, and by providing authentic student assessment that documents learning has occurred.
Salary depends on education and experience.
Associate's Degree salary range: $50,804-$63,708
Bachelor's Degree salary range: $53,827-$67,427
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Teach 18-21 Contact hours per semester, or the equivalent hours in Continuing education.
- Prepare, maintain, and distribute for all scheduled courses current course outlines and syllabi that support accreditation standards as described in the current faculty handbook.
- Prepare for and meet classes as assigned, promptly evaluate student progress within one week and maintain a safe learning environment.
- Demonstrate concern for student retention by employing best practice strategies.
- Serve as student advisor as assigned.
- Recruit for department/curriculum as assigned by the supervisor.
- Assist in the annual Compliance Assist Assessment.
- Assist in maintaining department/curriculum equipment, supplies, and materials, and library and support resources.
- Purchase supplies and equipment for the department/curriculum in consultation with supervisors.
- Assist in registration and orientation as requested by the supervisor.
- Participate in scheduled and called departmental, faculty, staff meetings and other College activities.
- Keep supervisor informed of matters pertaining to the curriculum.
- Follow policies stated in the policies and procedures manual as it relates to instructor responsibilities.
- Obtain Blackboard Level II training as well as maintain a Bb course site for each course taught during the semester.
- Work the required 35 hours per week and post and hold the required five (5) office hours per week.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Plan and participate in articulation activities with public schools and other community agencies.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development.
- Submit records and forms in a timely fashion as required in the policy and procedures manual.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Actively participate in professional organizations.
- Assume other duties as requested by the supervisor and the College.
- Recognizing and respecting the variety of experiences and contributions represented by all of our students, employees, and community, the Instructor will encourage a learning environment where everyone is supported and valued for their unique perspectives and experiences and will foster and promote the participation of all members of our diverse communities.