- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, December 29, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required educational background:
- Associate Degree in Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Technology or An Associate Degree in a field related to HVAC or other education and significant work experience directly related to the design, installation, service, and repair of HVAC and/or refrigeration technology (10 plus years)
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required kind and number years of work experience:
- Two years’ experience in industry working with Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and/or Refrigeration Technology
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Working knowledge of HVAC principles, equipment, safe practices, and the general industry.
- Knowledge, skill, and ability to install, repair, maintain, and troubleshoot HVAC equipment.
Required license or certificate:
- The selected candidate must obtain EPA Section 608 refrigerant within the first year of employment.
- EPA Section 608 Refrigerant Certification.
- Five or more years’ experience in industry working with Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and/or Refrigeration Technology.
- College and/or high school teaching experience.
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
Full-time faculty at Central Carolina Community College facilitate transformative lifelong learning by incorporating discipline-specific learning outcomes through active learning opportunities, lectures, hands-on skill development, assignments, appropriate classroom management, etc. Faculty provide authentic student assessment that allows students to improve their knowledge and skills with each assignment. Faculty focus on student success by establishing meaningful connections with students early in the semester to support the varying needs of each student throughout the semester.
Salary depends on education and experience.
Associate Degree - $54,419- $63,708
Bachelor's Degree - $57,656 - $67,427
Master's Degree - $60,529 - $70,055
Doctoral Degree - $64,671 - $73,976
This position is eligible for a $5000 hiring bonus to be paid out in three installments.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Embrace the institutional goals of Central Carolina Community College by engaging students as full partners in the learning process, removing barriers to student progression in courses, and supporting and assisting students in achieving their educational and career goals.
- Use student learning outcomes to create a variety of activities, assignments, and assessments that ensure curriculum goals will be met.
- Create a dynamic instructional environment that promotes a positive, interactive, and inclusive learning experience for all students.
- Maintain a Blackboard course with a syllabus and gradebook for each class.
- Grade all assignments in a timely manner and ensure that all grades are reported within the 10-day college grading policy.
- Provide personalized and constructive feedback on student assignments by recognizing what students did well and identifying attainable improvements for future work.
- Respond to all student communication within two business days.
- Report attendance weekly.
- Facilitate student learning for instructional loads of 18-28 contact hours per semester.
- Faculty keep a weekly schedule of 35 hours on campus, including 5 required office hours. Hours on site may be adjusted based on distance education responsibilities and/or approved telework arrangements.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
- Actively support the college’s vision of exceptional learning for all.
- Meet with each assigned advisee a minimum of once each semester.
- Provide advisees with information and guidance to achieve their individual educational, career, and life goals.
- Help students develop educational plans.
- Coach advisees and refer them to institutional resources when academic or personal problems require intervention.
- Complete faculty advisor training.
- Participate in activities required to maintain program and/or college accreditation standards.
- Serve on college committees as appointed.
- Attend advisory board meetings as requested by your supervisor.
- Attend graduation ceremonies.
- Engage in a minimum of 5 hours of professional development each year.
- Maintain current knowledge of your discipline and renew industry credentials, as needed.
- Attend departmental, divisional, and collegewide meetings.
- Cultivate a culture of care and advocacy through compassion, inclusion, opportunity, integrity, courage, and people.
- Recognizing and respecting the variety of experiences and contributions represented by all of our students, employees, and community, the Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Instructor (12 months) will encourage a learning environment where everyone is supported and valued for their unique perspectives and experiences and will foster and promote the participation of all members of our diverse communities.