54 College Drive, Marion, NC 28752
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, October 14, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Diploma in Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration or related field with at least one (1) to two (2) years experience in the Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration technology field or a combination of education and experience. Candidate must be a dependable, dedicated professional and highly motivated self-starter. Must hold Environmental Protection Agency’s 608 Certificate, NATE or NCCER certification or other nationally recognized credential. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and proficiency with computer software and learning management systems. Must hold a valid North Carolina driver’s license. Ability to present a professional teaching presence for theory and practical skills to develop rapport with students, faculty and workforce industry partners.
Faculty must demonstrate competence in subject matter and be dedicated to adult and community college education. Faculty must be competent in oral and written communication and in technology.
Associate Degree in related field with three (3) to five (5) years of practical work experience in the Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration industry; residential, industrial experience; and equivalent combination teaching experience are preferred. Bilingual a plus.
Under the supervision of the Associate Dean of Career and Technical Education and the Dean of Curriculum Programs and in accordance with the overall plan of the College, the air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration technology curriculum faculty provide effective learning conditions for all students through the design, planning, organization, execution, and evaluation of student performance in assigned areas, curriculum courses, classes or programs.
- Instruct scheduled courses in air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration, in accordance with the Program of Study and the description published in the MTCC Catalog and the North Carolina Community College System Common Course Library.
- Collaborates with the Associate Dean of CTE and/or Department Chair in developing, implementing, and evaluating the curriculum and program outcomes.
- Participates in planning, implementing, and evaluating program policies for admission, progression and retention to support students in meeting graduation requirements.
- Assists with establishing work-based learning and apprenticeship sites and guidelines for students and preceptors.
- Assists with coordination of observational experiences with workforce and industry partners.
- Serves as academic advisor and counselor, assists in registration of students and maintains advisee files, provides individual assistance to students outside of classroom as appropriate.
- Participates in departmental, advisory, and administrative support committee meetings as scheduled.
- Instruct course load in compliance with faculty workload policy for adult students, workforce development and dual enrollment programs to include day/evening/weekend semester schedules when necessary.
- Schedule and post regular office hours for consultations with students.
- Accurately complete and submit paperwork in a timely manner to the appropriate area, including: office hours, course syllabus for each course taught, attendance rosters, grade sheets, drop/add forms, independent study forms, course substitutions, credit by exam forms, surveys, etc.
- Assist the Associate Dean of CTE and/or Department Chair in maintenance of current and permanent official student records with storage that prevents damage and unauthorized use in compliance accrediting and certifying agencies.
- Recommend textbooks and equipment with Associate Dean of CTE and/or Department chair in accordance with the college’s textbook ordering procedures.
- Supports the college in planning and implementation of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Actively participate in professional development activities related to respective disciplines for personal growth development including membership in professional organizations.
- Actively recruit students by participating (as schedule permits) in recruiting functions on and off campus.
- Implement all policies as established by the Board of Trustees.
- Maintains current knowledge in the appropriate academic fields; participates in staff development programs, workshops, seminars, and other continuing education programs as appropriate.
- Mentors part-time instructors to ensure quality instruction, measure course outcomes, develop outlines and assessments, and complete forms, grades, and attendance reports, if needed.
Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Submit an MTCC application and resume:
Via email to- firstname.lastname@example.org
Via mail to-
McDowell Technical Community College
54 College Drive
Marion, NC 28752
In-person to- Breanna Wilson, MTCC, 54 College Drive (Marion, NC), Cedar Building, Business Office
Offers of employment are contingent upon receipt of official transcripts.
If you have questions, contact Breanna Wilson by email, phone or fax: