133 James Sprunt Drive Kenansville, NC 28349
Closes: Sunday, December 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities
The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to display empathy, warmth and courtesy to students.
NC Registered Nurse License
Proficiently operate a computer and related applications.
Use active listening skills.
Be organized, with a flexible attitude.
Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Skill in organizing, planning, and coordinating meetings and travel arrangements.
Proven knowledge and skill in the use of advanced features of Microsoft Word, and Excel.
Ability to show initiative and self-direction.
Function in a fast-pace environment.
Proven ability to concurrently address issues of various levels of complexity.
Ability to communicate effectively through speech and writing.
Ability to identify, communicate, and analyze problems.
Ability to take ownership and utilize constructive feedback.
Must be punctual, professional, and ethically conduct oneself.
Ability to plan and prioritize tasks.
Ability to work respectfully within a team environment.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: Any combination of education and experience demonstrates possession of the requisite knowledge, skill, and abilities.
Required: Associate’s Degree in Nursing and two years experience as a registered nurse with an unencumbered license and licensed to practice in North Carolina.
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing. Bilingual. Career Readiness Certificate (CRC).
Required: Must have at least (2) two years (4000 hours) of experience as a registered nurse in the United States. Must have at least (1) one year (2000 hours) of RN experience in the provision of long-term care facility services in the United States demonstrated by: working in a long-term care facility licensed as a skilled nursing facility or a skilled nursing facility which is a distinct part of a hospital, or supervising or teaching students in a long-term care facility licensed as a skilled nursing facility or a skilled nursing facility which is a distinct part of a hospital.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus. May require travel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here represent those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in indoor conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position description covers the essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisor personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
James Sprunt Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College prohibits discrimination against any person (including staff, faculty or student body) on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, or age. If you need accommodations please contact 910-296-2400.
Salary Commensurate with Education and Experience
Serve as Allied Health Instructor for the Continuing Education Division. Coordinate, develop and provide oversight in specialized courses in the Allied Health area. Recruit adjunct instructors and students to Allied Health programs, monitor classes, labs and clinical sessions of adjunct instructors. Prepare and instruct Nurse Aide I and II courses as needed in accordance with course outlines and published course schedules. Performs duties under the supervision of the Director of Allied Health and Associate Vice President of Workforce Development and Continuing Education. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Including the following. This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive. Incumbents may not perform all the duties listed, while in other cases, related duties may also be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities the ability to perform the essential functions.
- Assist director in providing informative individual and group teaching sessions for all part-time instructors in the Continuing Education – Allied Health area.
- Participate in recruitment, advising and registration of students.
- Coordinate testing and evaluate student performance in accordance with state standards and maintain accurate records for student progress, attendance, etc.
- Monitor and evaluate performance outcomes for credential attainment.
- Maintain labs, classrooms, and supplies.
- Identify, monitor, and assist in procuring specialized supplies, equipment instructional supplies and textbooks.
- Assist in the scheduling of Allied Health instructors.
- Coordinate and schedule clinical sessions for Allied Health students.
- Coordinate and conduct student competency evaluations in accordance with state standards.
- Schedule students for Photo ID’s in accordance with school policy.
- Teach courses on and off campus as well as distance courses as needed.
- Prepare, review, and update course syllabi and provide a copy to students.
- Participate in development, implementation and evaluation of curriculum.
- Participate in advisory meetings.
- Participate in on-campus and off-campus activities including community meetings.
- Submit all college reports in an accurate timely fashion.
- Attend college and divisional meetings.
- Participate in professional development opportunities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and others.
- Serves on college committees as required by committees
- Acquires computer/technology competencies as appropriate to position;
- Assists with equipment and software maintenance;
- Maintains security of personal computer access;
- Perform other professional or job-related duties as assigned.