RCC Main Campus
Closes: Wednesday, August 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field and/or Associates Degree and three years professional experience in marketing, non-profit fundraising, higher education, and/or a business-related field.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience working in higher education or a non-profit advancement department with a track record of effective leadership, relationship building, growth of gifts, and funds with increasing responsibilities.
The Alumni and Operations Specialist develops, coordinates, promotes, maintains, and evaluates special events, programs, and projects sponsored by the Foundation office, with a focus on developing resources by which to engage alumni through the common bonds of academic program/department/college.
This position reports to the Assistant Vice President and assists the Foundation and department leaders in developing fundraising plans, maintaining donor relationships, and securing new ones.
- Works to help the Foundation team acquire new donors and manages a donor and alumni database; keeps in regular contact with alumni/donors during fundraising events.
- Responsible for correspondence to potential alumni/donors and volunteers.
- Assists in scheduling meetings with prospective funders and donors.
- Gathers updated alumni information and success stories for database updates, alumni recognition, various publications, and expansion of the College alumni network.
- Maintains the accuracy and integrity of databases by ensuring that all information is kept current and up to date.
- Assists Foundation staff with grant requests/proposals and assists with coordination, as necessary.
- Manages grants including the tracking of grant agreements, the schedule of reporting deadlines, and monitoring of grantee compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President for Grants and Foundation and the President.
How to Apply
Candidates for the position should apply online at www.robeson.edu/hr and submit a Professional Resume, a photocopy of Official Transcripts, and any other supporting documentation related to the qualification requirements. Robeson Community College reserves the right to perform consumer background checks on applicants who are considered for employment and the College may administer personality profile testing as part of the selection process.
CONTACT: Human Resources
Robeson Community College
P. O. Box 1420 Lumberton, NC 28359