Brunswick Community College
50 College Road NE
Bolivia, NC 28422
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, October 25, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelors in Science
Teaching Deaf and Hard of Hearing NC K-12
Working at Community College
Practicing the teaching profession according to the highest ethical standards and accepting the responsibility he/she has assumed by choosing a career in education
- Demonstrates an understanding of the curriculum, subject content, pedagogical knowledge and needs of students.
- Exhibits strong pedagogical skills relevant to the curriculum and implements research- based best practices.
- Analyzes and uses data to inform instruction.
- Develops course, unit and daily integrated plans that are logical and sequential. Plans for instruction to meet the needs of all students.
- Uses research-based instructional strategies to engage students in active learning. Effectively uses instructional technology.
- Provides appropriate content and skill development which address individual learning differences.
- Uses various formal and informal assessment for diagnostic, formative, and summative purposes to inform, guide and adjust instruction.
- Provides a safe, well-managed environment that is conducive to learning. Models caring, fairness, respect, and enthusiasm for learning.
- Promotes respect for and understanding for students’ diversity. Promotes a climate of trust and teamwork in the classroom.
- Creates a student centered academic environment in which teaching and learning occur at high levels and students are self-directed learners.
- Maintains professional demeanor and behavior Respects and maintains confidentiality.
- Participates in ongoing professional learning and implements new learning in the classroom environment.
- Communicates effectively with students and school personnel and other stakeholders in ways that enhance student learning.
- Collaborates with colleagues and community to reach educational goals. Creates a climate of accessibility for students..
- Models in use precise language, correct vocabulary and grammar and appropriate forms of oral and written communication.
- Successful teaching experience
- Bachelors of Science Degree in related field
- Teaching Deaf adn Hard of Hearing NC K-12.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Knowledge in subject area and ability to present accurate information. Ability to use acceptable teaching procedures and methods.
- Demonstrates interpersonal relationship skills.
- Exhibits competency in use of English language both written and oral. Ability to diagnose student strengths or weaknesses in cognitive areas.
- Demonstrates adequate self-control. Uses sound judgment.
- Maintains appearance appropriate to the occasion in contacts with students, staff and community.
How to Apply
A completed and signed Brunswick Community College application, a letter stating your qualifications related to the position requirements, skills and abilities, unofficial transcripts, and resume are preferred for most positions.
Applications can be found online at www.brunswickcc.edu
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to any of the following if unable to apply online:
Human Resources, Brunswick Community College
PO Box 30
Supply, NC, 28462
Fax (910) 754-8229
Telephone: (910) 755-7300
BCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer