- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, December 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's degree in American Sign Language, ASL linguistics, deaf studies, deaf education, or sign language interpretation/translation
- Demonstrated fluency in American Sign Language
- Recognized state and national certifications in American Sign Language
- Experience teaching adults in both a seated and online/hybrid environment.
- College or university teaching experience.
- Master's Degree Preferred
Central Carolina Community College is recruiting for an Adjunct American Sign Language Instructor for Tuesday and Thursday afternoons on the Lee Main Campus. The purpose of an instructor is to ensure maximum student learning. The instructor accomplishes this by presenting discipline specific learning outcomes through lecture, demonstration, projects, assignments, appropriate classroom management, etc. and by providing authentic student assessment that documents learning has occurred.
- Teach American Sign Language curriculum to students.
- Maintain accurate documentation required for students and instructors for the course.
- Keep current with information and skills in teaching field.
- Work cooperatively with all directors and staff.