Closes: Tuesday, December 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• AAS degree in information technology or a related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
• Equivalent experience, 5 years of information technology with 3 years of information security
• Individual must be enrolled in or complete an industry-level certification (Security+, CISA, CISM, CISSP, CSSLP) within 6 months of hire date
• Minimum of 3 years of Information Technology experience
• Minimum of 1 year of Information Security experience
• Intermediate use of security tools for forensics, penetration testing and monitoring
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution strongly preferred.
Equivalent experience, 10 years of information technology with 4 years of information security
• CISA/CISSP, CCNP, CompTIA; A+, Server+ preferred CompTIA Network+ strongly preferred
• PMP, PMBOK or similar project management training or certification preferred
• ITIL Fundamentals preferred
• 4 years of Information Technology Experience
• 2 years of Information Security experience
• Experience in a higher educational environment
• Experience with Ellucian Colleague ERP security class management
• Greater than one year experience in an IT environment with exposure to information security.
The IT Security Analyst is responsible for assessing information risk and facilitates remediation of identified vulnerabilities with the GTCC network, systems and applications. Reports on findings and recommendations for corrective action. Performs vulnerability assessments as assigned utilizing IT security tools and methodologies. Performs assessments of the IT security/risk posture within the IT network, systems and software applications, in addition to assessments within the Vendor Management Program. Identifies opportunities to reduce risk and documents remediation options regarding acceptance or mitigation of risk scenarios. Facilitates and monitors performance of risk remediation tasks, changes related to risk mitigation & reports on findings. Maintains oversight of IT and vendors regarding the security maintenance of their systems and applications. Provides weekly project status reports, including outstanding issues. The IT Security/Risk Analyst assists in all IT audits, IT risk assessments and regulatory compliance.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact