200 W. Jones Street, Raleigh, NC 27603
Closes: Monday, August 19, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, math, or Engineering or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of experience in business application consulting or development; or Bachelor's degree and some computer coursework from an appropriately accredited institution and two years of experience in business application consulting or development; or Associate's degree in Computer Programming from an appropriately accredited institution and two years of experience in application consulting or development; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
~2 POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 60088018 & 60089625~
The primary purpose of this position is to provide application systems analysis, design, development, and technical support. The position performs technical and analytical work in the development, design, and sustainment of a variety of applications to support the NCCCS and its 58 colleges. The person in this position must have a thorough knowledge of multiple software development tools and techniques, data handling systems, applications employed across the system, and the relationships that exist between their different capabilities.
- Understanding of applications analysis, modern programming with compiled and scripted languages, and technical support techniques;
- Knowledge of principles behind the administration and structuring of a variety of integrated database systems;
- Experience with market leading databases including SQL and/or NoSQL varieties;
- Experience with third party database utilities/administration tools;
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders;
- Ability to effectively communicate technical/complex ideas in written and oral form with users/stakeholders and executive management;
- Ability to work well individually and collaboratively within teams to establish effective working relationships and to produce successful outcomes for a variety of both short- and long-term projects and initiatives;
- Ability to cross-train with others team members;
- Experience with MS Office 365 Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Skype, SharePoint, and Teams).
- Desired knowledge of at least one web framework/library such as: Angular, Django, Express, Flask, Luminus, Rails, React, or Vue;
- Desired knowledge of at least one SQL and/or NoSQL data handling system;
- Desired knowledge of using at least one of the following data visualizing/presenting tool: SAS, SAP Business Objects, Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI, Entrinsik Informer, etc.;
- Desired knowledge of cloud-based data management and warehousing solutions such as:Azure, AWS, or similar level commercial cloud capabilities, Linux/Windows platforms, Docker or other container deployment tools;
- Desired experience with Agile Scrum methodology, paired programming, test driven development, ITIL knowledge and/or certification, ServiceNow applications.
How to Apply
The North Carolina Community College System Office uses the Merit-Based Recruitment and Selection Plan to fill positions SUBJECT to the Office of State Human Resources Act (OSHR) with highly qualified individuals.
Individuals interested in applying for this position must complete the online process at https://www.nc.gov/jobs, Résumés will not be accepted in lieu of the application. Work history and credentials must appear on the application to receive consideration during the selection process.
Job Post Contact
APRIL TIBBS, HR TECHNICIAN III
North Carolina Community College System
Human Resources | Caswell Building
5001 Mail Service Center | Raleigh, NC 27699-5001
Phone: (919) 807-7177 | Fax: (919) 807-7222