200 W. Jones Street, Raleigh, NC 27603 or NC Community College within reasonable driving distance from candidate’s residence.
Closes: Wednesday, September 28, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor's degree in computer science or an IT related field from an appropriately accredited institution or Associate degree in computer science or an IT related field or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of experience in business application consulting or development or High School or General Educational Development (GED) diploma and four years of experience in business application consulting or development; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The mission of the North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) is to open the door to high-quality, accessible educational opportunities that minimize barriers to post-secondary education, maximize student success, develop a globally and multi-culturally competent workforce, and improve the lives and well-being of individuals by providing:
- Education, training and retraining for the workforce including basic skills and literacy education, occupational and pre-baccalaureate programs.
- Support for economic development through services to and in partnership with business and industry and in collaboration with the University of North Carolina System and private colleges and universities.
- Services to communities and individuals which improve the quality of life.
The NCCCS is comprised of 58 community colleges serving 100 North Carolina counties and supported by the System Office located in Raleigh, NC.
The Technology Solutions and Distance Learning Division supports this mission by providing modern business automation solutions for the System Office and 58 community colleges.
This position is responsible for designing, developing, and deploying ServiceNow solutions. ServiceNow is the primary Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) and Information Technology Business Management (ITBM) platform in use by the NCCCS.
- Functional and technical experience maintaining, upgrading, and implementing SAAS solutions.
- Working knowledge of Business Rules, Client Scripts, User Interface (UI) Actions, Access Control Lists, UI Policies, Portal Pages, UI Pages.
- Experience with systems interoperability and integrations.
- Understanding of industry standard coding and design guidelines and best practices.
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively in both small teams and independently.
- Ability to provide technical assistance and training to end users.
- Create, document, operate, and maintain solutions, processes and procedures within the capacity and limitations of application platforms.
- Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills to prioritize work and adapt to unanticipated changes.
- Experience with higher education business, technical, and functional automation.
- Experience with scripting and development in ServiceNow.
- Experience with CSS, Angular, AJAX, and SQL.
- Experience configuring flow designs or workflows in ServiceNow.
- Ability to apply information technology security best practices as defined in the North Carolina Statewide Security standards, policies, and procedures.
How to Apply
STATE EMPLOYEE COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: We value our employees and offer a wide variety of competitive and family-friendly benefits. The state of North Carolina offers excellent comprehensive benefits. Employees can participate in health insurance options, standard and supplemental retirement plans, and the NCFlex program (numerous high-quality, low-cost benefits on a pre-tax basis). Employees also receive paid vacation, sick, and community service leave. In addition, paid parental leave, and personal observance is available to eligible employees. Some highlights include:
- The best-funded pension plan/retirement system in the nation according to Moody’s Investor’s Service
- Twelve (12) holidays/year
- Fourteen (14) vacation days/year which increase as the length of service increases and accumulate year-to-year
- Twelve (12) sick days/year which is cumulative indefinitely
- Longevity pays lump sum payout yearly (based on length of service beginning 10 years and up)
- 401K, 457, and 403(b) plans
Learn more about employee perks/benefits:
The North Carolina Community College System Office uses the Merit-Based Recruitment and Selection Plan to fill positions SUBJECT to the State Human Resources Act with the most qualified applicants. When a salary range or recruitment range is posted, the actual salary will be based on relevant competencies, knowledge, skills and abilities, internal equity, and budgetary considerations pertinent to the advertised position. All post-high school degrees must be from appropriately accredited institutions.
Individuals interested in applying for this position must complete the online process at https://www.nc.gov/jobs, Résumés will not be accepted in lieu of the application. Work history and credentials must appear on the application to receive consideration during the selection process.
Job Post Contact
CAROLE COX-CARROLL, RECRUITMENT ADMINISTRATOR
North Carolina Community College System
Human Resources | Caswell Building
5001 Mail Service Center | Raleigh, NC 27699-5001
Phone: (919) 807-7177 | Fax: (919) 807-7222