Wilkes Campus, Wilkesboro, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, June 22, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
-The successful candidate must be knowledgeable in course content, as evidenced by education and/or experience, effective in directing and evaluating student learning and laboratory performance, and be prepared in educational theory and techniques.
-A.A.S. in Applied Animal Science Technology, or equivalent
- 3-5 year’s work experience
- Coursework in Agribusiness Technology
This is a full-time, 12-month position. The faculty member must instruct assigned courses in accordance with NCCCS curriculum standards and course descriptions in addition to the standards and guidelines set forth by the program accreditation entity. Courses may be scheduled for day, evening, or weekends and in WCC’s service area and high schools. WCC views faculty members as learning-facilitators who actively engage students in the learning process.
The Applied Animal Science Technology faculty position includes the following responsibilities and expectations:
• Eighteen to twenty-five hour teaching load comprised of courses within the Applied Animal Science Program of Study, plus a minimum of five scheduled office hours.
• Utilize instructional plans to direct and assess student progress in achieving theory and performance requirements of the program.
• Initiate, develop and perform ongoing business, industry, farmers, and agriculture extension relationships to foster growth while interconnecting the program of study with service area agriculture operations.
• Learner-centered, outcomes-based instruction delivered via traditional classroom, interactive video, and internet.
• Assist with semester scheduling, textbook order, and reporting obligations for the program’s accreditation body.
• Assist with student recruitment for programs and division.
• Support career and college promise classes including instructors to ensure curriculum alignment.
• Ability to lead hands-on lab projects from beginning to end; create a safe working environment, and demonstrate animal safety on location at farms and on campus.
• Commitment to WCC’s mission, vision, and core values.
• Support of the college’s initiatives to enhance the critical thinking skills and global awareness of our students.
• Effective advising and registering to promote program/goal completion.
• Continuous improvement through assessment and evidence-based decision making.
• Curriculum development and quality assurance in the teaching discipline(s) and programs.
• Serving on division and college committees, as assigned.
• Support of student organizations and other campus activities.
• Maintaining currency in the teaching discipline(s).
• An understanding of the mission and organization of the NC Community College System.
• Applicants for the position of Applied Animal Science Technology Instructor are encouraged to review WCC Policies and Procedures, 2020 Vision Statement, and current WCC catalog.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact