Foothills Higher Education Center
Closes: Tuesday, December 12, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field required.
2. At least 7 years of work experience required.
3. Excellent communication and presentation skills required.
4. At least five years of work experience in a manufacturing or healthcare-related field preferred.
1. Previous experience in project management preferred.
2. Familiarity with ApprenticeshipNC preferred.
3. Some experience within the NC Community College System preferred.
** Position is grant funded through 12/2025.
1. Develop, market and grow the WPCC PACE apprenticeship program for qualifying industries, healthcare organizations and other entities.
2. Serve as the college’s primary contact with ApprenticeshipNC.
3. Actively represent WPCC through participation in local industry committees, steering committees, and meetings as necessary.
4. Make contacts with to Burke County prospects to promote the PACE program.
5. Work closely with participating partner industries to ensure that all apprenticeship requirements are met.
6. Coordinate with ApprenticeshipNC to coach partner industries on the development of competency checklists for applicable apprenticeable occupations.
7. Work closely with all incumbent apprentices to ensure that they are properly registered for related instruction, maintain good academic standing, and are moving forward in their apprenticeship to the satisfaction of their sponsoring company.
8. Complete and track apprentice scholarship requests from multiple sources. Confirm that applications are sent in on time and afford the apprentice the best opportunity to get scholarship support for their related instruction.
9. Schedule and manage all events necessary to enroll new and existing apprentices in WPCC classes, including on-site college enrollment at the industry and connection to appropriate faculty advisors.
10. Serve as WPCC’s primary contact for the WorkHands software platform. Facilitate required WorkHands training for participating industries, apprentice mentors, and apprentices.
11. Complete and submit required documents to ApprenticeshipNC, including:
- Program registration for new occupations
- Schedule of Related Instruction for new occupations
- Competency Checklists for new occupations
- Registration of new industry partners
- Registration of new apprentices
12. Work with Burke County Public Schools to schedule recruiting visits to local schools with industries and plant tours for BCPS personnel and prospective apprentices.
13. Coordinate with Work in Burke, Burke Development and Burke County Public Schools to develop and support new cohorts for the OPT-IN and JET internship programs.
14. Participate in confidential meetings with new industries to provide support to new apprenticeship opportunities as required.
15. Assume other duties as assigned by the Dean, Workforce Development and Continuing Education.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Western Piedmont Community College
Western Piedmont Community College, an equal opportunity employer, values and encourages campus diversity in students, faculty, and staff.