- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, December 13, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate's in a related field AND experience in the related trades.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of an earned Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or in a related field.
- Knowledge and experience with both hand drawn drafting techniques as well as industry software programs such as AutoCAD, Sketchup, and Revit.
- College or university teaching experience
- Experience with online instructional platforms such as Blackboard
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
This adjunct instructor will teach Introduction to Architecture Technology - This course introduces basic architectural drafting techniques, lettering, use of architectural and engineer scales, and sketching. Topics include orthographic, axonometric, and oblique drawing techniques using architectural plans, elevations, sections, and details; reprographic techniques; and other related topics. Upon completion, students should be able to prepare and print scaled drawings within minimum architectural standards.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- The successful candidate will plan, implement and instruct course content in a student-centered learning environment.
- Provide instruction and hands-on training for students in a classroom and lab setting.
- Maintain accurate documentation required for students and instructors for the course.
- Keep current with information and skills in teaching field.