ARS Success Coach
Closes: Tuesday, May 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Completion of an appropriate associate’s degree.
2. Ability to develop rapport with students and to support students as they pursue their goals.
3. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations within and external to the College.
4. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
5. Knowledge of and dedication to the mission of the community college and higher education.
1. Three years’ experience in trades, coaching or teaching (preferred but not required).
Looking to have an impact on the future of construction trades in Western North Carolina? Western Piedmont Community College (WPCC) has an opening for a qualified individual to support students in the College’s new Regional Skilled Trades Solutions Center (RSTSC). The new RSTSC will house carpentry, masonry, electrical technologies, HVAC, plumbing, and green construction programs. WPCC is seeking a success coach dedicated to supporting students in these programs.
The ARC Success Coach will be an advocate and guide for all Skilled Trades students including Electrical, Plumbing, HVACR, Heavy Equipment Operator, Construction, and related fields. A cohort of students in Associate in Applied Science programs may also be included in the Success Coach’s caseload. Under the direction of the Director of Early Intervention, Testing, and Work Based Learning, the Success Coach will work with related faculty and Student Services staff and will be involved in initial recruitment and outreach, retention, completion and post completion success of all students. The ARC Success Coach may develop professional relationships with area industries to help facilitate appropriate job placement for students when applicable.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Western Piedmont Community College
Western Piedmont Community College, an equal opportunity employer, values and encourages campus diversity in students, faculty, and staff.