- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, June 1, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s Degree in Art and/or 18 graduate credit hours in Art.
- Degrees and hours must be from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Teaching experience at post-secondary level.
- Teaching with online course, preferably Moodle.
- Masters in Fine Arts with a Studio concentration.
Under the supervision of the appropriate Program Head/Department Chair/Director or Dean, the full-time instructor is responsible for teaching course content, preparing, and keeping appropriate records and syllabi for all assigned courses. Each full-time instructor will provide effective instruction in all classes by implementing active learning strategies and focusing on student learning outcomes.At all times, instructional personnel should be aware of the need to continue the personal and professional growth necessary to perform their duties.
The following listing of essential job duties indicates the general nature and level of work required in this job. This is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required in this job. Individuals assigned to this job may be asked to perform other duties as required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Collaborate with Program Head and/or Department Chair regarding course assignment per semester.
- Create and maintain course documents such as syllabi, student learning outcomes, tests, etc. The course syllabi must be submitted for review to the Program Head and/or Department Chair each semester.
- Conduct class, lab, and/or clinical according to established meeting patterns, and notify Program Head and/or Department Chair of any changes.
- Update Moodle course page to use in enhanced, hybrid and online courses prior to start of semester.
- Communicate with students via Moodle as appropriate per course design (enhanced, hybrid or online).
- Provide feedback to students regarding course progression.
- Record attendance and grades via WebAdvisor in accordance with semester deadlines.
- Inform Program Head and/or Department Chair of any student issues (academic, attendance, behavior, cheating, and plagiarism) as soon as possible.
- Assess student learning outcomes and demonstrate the use of the results to make improvements to course/program.
- Maintain suitable class records which show student membership hours, academic progress, student grading systems, etc.
- Experiment with new, innovative teaching techniques.
- Obtain and maintain certification in online delivery systems and attend adjunct convocation and other professional development opportunities as required by the college.
- Serve on college committees as appointed.
- Potential of 16 hours of telework
- Light work that includes moving objects up to 30 pounds.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
- Help with organizing and performing minor cleaning in art studios.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact