Closes: Sunday, March 31, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate Degree OR
- Two years related work experience.
- Bilingual Spanish/English communicator
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in using word processing and spreadsheet functions in Microsoft Office and Google suite
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience working in an academic environment
- Prior experience with Colleague or ADVANSYS
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
CCCC is recruiting for an Assessment, Recruitment and Retention Specialist for Lee County. The Assessment, Recruitment and Retention Specialist (Part-time) is responsible for ensuring the quality and integrity of College and Career Readiness data. The incumbent will assist in recruiting, testing and monitoring operations of the College and Career Readiness Department.
This position is open until filled.
Please include unofficial copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts. Will be required to submit official copies of transcripts before start date.
This position may have occasional travel between campuses and for training. Occasional after hours may be required.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Collect, enter, and analyze all Literacy Education Information System (LEIS) data for College and Career Readiness(CCR).
- Prepare reports for College and Career Readiness Coordinators.
- Keep current on the National Reporting System for Adult Education (NRS) performance standards.
- Monitor student progress per standardized testing and administer tests per North Carolina Community College System Basic Skills policy.
- Assist in student recruitment efforts by developing and implementing recruitment plans, collaborating with Marketing to create marketing tools, and attending community events to serve as the CCR Recruitment representative.
- Provide information and guidance to new, prospective and undecided students to assist in the transition to postsecondary education programs and/or CCR programs.
- Process end-of-term paperwork and compile reports on grades, attendance, and retention rates.
- Obtain certifications for Best Plus Testing Administrator, HiSet Testing Administrator, Pearson Vue Test Administrator, and CASAS Testing Administrator.
- Attend required college meetings.
- Encourage and support college activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Evenings and occasional weekends required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Recognizing and respecting the variety of experiences and contributions represented by all of our students, employees, and community, the Assessment and Retention Specialist will encourage a learning environment where everyone is supported and valued for their unique perspectives and experiences and will foster and promote the participation of all members of our diverse communities.