Closes: Friday, January 25, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High School Diploma with 2 years experience in food service. Must have a valid Driver’s License.
Responsible for the food service establishment serving faculty, staff and students. Ensure that the café provide safe, eye-appealing, properly flavored food. Maintain a safe and sanitary preparation environment.
· Train personnel in department rules, policies, and procedures.
· Train kitchen personnel in food production principles and practices. Establish quality standards for all menu items and for food production practices.
· Assist in training cashier personnel in service hospitality principles and practices and touch screen registers.
· Work with the Café Manager to ensure scheduling needs are met.
· Plan and price menus. Establish portion sizes and standards of service for all menu items.
· Order beverage and food items as needed for daily operation of Café.
· Control food costs by establishing purchasing specifications, storeroom requisition systems, product storage requirements, standardized recipes, and waste control procedures.
· Plans and oversees preparation and portioning of Child Development Center meals.
· Train kitchen personnel in safe operating procedures of all equipment, utensils, and machinery.
· Oversee food preparation, serving operations, and catering schedules.
· Provide safety training in lifting, carrying, hazardous material control, chemical control, and first aid.
· Train kitchen personnel in sanitation practices and establishes cleaning schedules, stock rotation, refrigeration temperature control points, and other sanitary controls.
· Ensure that café personnel routinely monitor and clean customer eating and vending area (i.e. tables and chairs wiped daily, trash is picked up from tables and floors, chairs pushed under tables, small spills are cleaned up), and student microwaves are cleaned.
· Serve as backup of End of Day Reports and deposits in the absence of the Café Manager.
How to Apply
**Do not reference resume when completing the NCC application. Applications that reference the applicants resume will be considered as incomplete and will not be forwarded to the hiring supervisor for review. Transcripts must be submitted with the application. Application packets that do not contain transcripts will be considered as incomplete and will not be forwarded to the hiring supervisor for review.**
Job Post Contact
All applicants must complete a Nash Community College Employment Application and submit it along with, where applicable, college transcripts to:
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 7488
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
Fax number: 252-451-8201
Submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org