Closes: Monday, December 31, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Education that would prepare the incumbent to perform the duties listed on this job description.
- Current Driver's License
- Maintain current First Aid and CPR Certification.
- Minimum of a Associate's Degree
- Commercial Driver's License
- Minimum one year of recruiting experience
The Assistant Coach - Men's Basketball provides support and assistance with all aspects of the intercollegiate athletics program with an emphasis on recruiting, assisting with the strength and conditioning program and assisting with the development and administration of the practice and game philosophies and structure, under the direction of the Head Coach.
- In cooperation with the Head Coach, develops and maintains a system to identify potential recruits and to work closely with high school and travel ball coaches and parents to recruit and retain quality student-athletes
- Assists with monitoring academic progress of all student-athletes
- Assists with the development and administration of an effective program of physical conditioning designed to develop strength, endurance and conditioning
- Assists with the development and administration of an effective program of mental skills training and motivational techniques
- Assists Head Coach in developing game strategies, practice plans, strength and conditioning programs and development plans for each student-athlete
- Willing and able to participate in public speaking engagements, civic events, community centered events and fund raising
- Follows protocol for the gathering of, use of and dissemination of information concerning or pertaining to co-workers, supervisors, current student-athletes and potential student-athletes
- Contributes to a safe educational and working environment by participating in drills and training while maintaining safety and health certifications
- Assists Head Coach with camps, clinics and evaluations
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Central Carolina Community College Human Resources