Closes: Friday, January 29, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related area.
2. Thorough understanding of accounting principles including fund accounting, accruals and the appropriation of financial statements.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
4. Three to five years experience in related field.
1. Experience in community college system.
2. Experience in Datatel (Colleague).
Assist with daily operations of the Business Office, return to Title IV payments, oversee internal audit process, and any duties as assigned by Controller:
- Review current federal and state governmental regulations and monitor fiscal responsibilities according to their prescribed guidelines.
- Provide direction and assistance for the Business Office staff including cashiering, accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, and receiving.
- Request federal funds using the automated electronic fund transfer or the cash advance system (G5).
- Various reconciliations of accounts and reports.
- Prepare monthly recurring journal entries.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statement package.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Western Piedmont Community College