RCC Main Campus, DeWitt Bldg.
Closes: Sunday, May 23, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field required. Three years experience handling payroll processes required. Knowledge of accounting principles. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills required.
Experience in an accounting or financial setting. Demonstrated proficiency in Word and Excel. Able and willing to work extended hours during peak times.
General Description: The Assistant Controller, under the authority of the Controller, has primary responsibility for all institutional disbursements and cash control.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Prepare and post payrolls including Full-time and Part-time.
- Maintain all personnel files for Temporary, Part-time, Employees.
- Assist in the review of departmental budgets to ensure accuracy.
- Process all travel advances and travel reimbursements for College employees.
- Prepare and post journal entries with supporting documentation and review for accuracy and completeness.
- Reconcile state funds checks in the College's computer system. Prepare and file monthly payroll taxes, 941s and W2s.
- Reconciliation of all bank statements for bank accounts held by the college with the exception of the State Treasurer’s bank account.
- Prepare and enter any adjusting entries to the general ledger needed prior to monthly reporting. Assist with escheat reporting, including the issuing of stop payments.
- Perform internal auditing functions of the business office and recommend improvements to internal controls on an ongoing basis.
- Provide assistance and guidance to the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions and personnel. Assist with the training of business office staff.
- Serve as back-up to other Business Office personnel.
- Assist with year-end balancing, reconciling, closing, and the preparation of financial statements including preparation and posting of year-end journal entries.
- Assist in reconciliation of the general ledger to subsidiary ledgers.
- Accept other duties as assigned.
Position Available: Immediately. Application review begins: Open until filled. To apply: submit the RCC Application and unofficial copies of transcripts or high school equivalency. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Salary: RCC Salary Level, Scale 8. $36,362-$54,543, commensurate with experience. Full-time position.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
- In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.