Sandhills Community College (Main Campus)
Closes: Friday, January 21, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Must be a graduate of an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in accounting or business, and a minimum of two years' experience in accounting, preferably in governmental accounting.
- Preferred knowledge of governmental accounting principles and practices. In addition, must be able to use hardware and software related to both the personal computer and the college ERP system.
- Must also possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, students, the System-office, and with colleagues. Professional development travel may be required.
Sandhills Community College is seeking applicants for an Accountant in the Business and Finance Department. Reporting directly to the AVP Finance/Chief Financial Officer, this Accountant will become proficient in all business office processes, policies and procedures. The person works to ensure the college's financial statements are accurate, complete, and in compliance with GAAP.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage State budget entries and reconciliations;
- Process large dollar purchasing requests;
- Administer State and Federal Grants;
- Provide purchasing training to managers and other administrative staff;
- Analyze expenditures for compliance with approved budget and local, state and federal regulations;
- Maintain, train, and support management with college budgeting system;
- Assist CFO and Controller with year-end financial statement preparation;
- Assist Controller and Director of Student Accounts with other business office duties;
- Other duties as deemed necessary for the function of the college.
To maximize your opportunity for selection; transcripts, letter of interest, and resume must be uploaded with your application. Selection is contingent on final budget approval.
Notice of Nondiscrimination and Title IX
Admission to Sandhills Community College is open to any individual who meets the institution’s open admissions policy. Applicants for admission or employment, students, employees, sources of referral of applicants for admission and employment, and all unions or professional organizations holding collective bargaining or professional agreements with Sandhills are hereby notified that this institution is committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, ethnic or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or parental status, religion, age, ancestry, mental or physical disability, military status or veteran status in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its programs and activities. Lack of English language skill is not a barrier to admission and participation in educational programs and activities. This includes, but is not limited to admissions, employment, financial assistance, placement, recruitment, and educational programs or activities as required by applicable laws and regulations.
Further, it is the policy of Sandhills Community College to prohibit harassment (including sexual harassment and sexual violence) of students and employees. Any person having inquiries regarding special needs, support services, or Sandhills Community College’s compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI, Title IX and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 is directed to contact the individuals who have been designated to coordinate the educational institution’s efforts to comply with the regulations implementing these laws.
Title IX Coordinator:
Stone Hall, Room 110
3395 Airport Road
Pinehurst, NC 28374
Section 504 Coordinator:
Logan Hall, Office 119
3395 Airport Road
Pinehurst, NC 28374
Phone: (910) 246-4138
Title VI, Title IX and Section 504 ADA complaints may also be filed with the Regional Office for Civil Rights. Address correspondence to: Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20202-1475, Telephone: 202-453-6020, FAX: 202-453-6021; TDD: 800-877-8339, Email: OCR.DC@ed.gov.