Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
340 Victoria Road
Asheville NC 28801
Closes: Monday, January 30, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Bachelor’s degree;
2. One year of full-time or equivalent teaching experience;
3. Experience teaching English language learners.
1. Master’s degree
2. Experience with curriculum development or instructional design.
3. Experience with integrated education and training programs (IETs).
4. Experience with educational leadership or cross-department or cross-agency collaboration.
5. Teaching ESL, TESOL, or TEFL degree or certification.
6. Experience living or working cross-culturally.
7. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
Supports the English Language Acquisition Coordinator and Specialist with the management, growth, and continuous improvement of the Integrated English Language and Civics Education (IEL/CE) grant under Title II of the Workforce Innovations and Opportunity Act. Establishes Integrated Education and Training (IET) programs, creating scope and sequence documents that address vocational skills, workforce preparation skills, and literacy skills. Plans ways to measure students’ progress within the program. Coordinates with other program staff for successful program implementation. Teaches IEL/CE classes or labs using Burlington English and other curricula to deliver robust programming.
1. Supports the English Language Acquisition Coordinator with the design, coordination, and facilitation of IEL/CE programming.
2. Teaches IEL/CE classes or labs, including lesson planning, recording attendance, etc.
3. Researches opportunities for program growth and assists with the creation of new IEL/CE Pathways and IETs. Collaborates with postsecondary and workforce preparation service providers to help design pathways that will expedite students’ transition into high demand careers with family sustaining wages.
4. Assists with compliance and reporting for the IEL/CE grant.
5. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
6. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.