Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
340 Victoria Rd
Asheville NC 28801
Closes: Tuesday, January 3, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Associate degree;
2. Two years of full-time or equivalent work experience in an administrative, office, or customer service setting.
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. One year of full-time or equivalent work experience with educational programming or industry training.
3. One year of full-time or equivalent database maintenance experience.
4. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
This position provides high level logistical operations support for the delivery of Skilled Trades and Computer/Online training, as well as other workforce programs. Working with Coordinator(s) and Instructors to build and maintain course offerings, course outlines, inventory, and assessment of programs. Orient, advise, and inform students and community of course offerings, registration, and admissions screening processes. Addresses class and instructor issues including missing or incorrect documentation or student needs.
1. Prepares Marketing Material and maintains community contact information for distribution.
2. Utilizes Destiny One, Colleague and/or public interface tools for program management, analytics, public interface.
3. Monitors course offerings and makes or recommends additions, changes, and deletions based on changes in industry trends. Prepares class contracts.
4. Assist Coordinator(s) with schedule publication development three times per year.
5. Capture process flows and developing/writing/documenting Standard Operating procedures of program areas.
6. Develops and maintains current outlines and materials for each course. Maintains complete records in compliance with local, state, and national requirements; ensures required records and documentation are included for reporting.
7. Develops and maintains inventory system, equipment requests, and supply purchasing to provide adequate classroom and lab supplies.
8. Utilizes E-pro purchasing system to support programming needs.
9. Develops and prepares drafted course outlines in conjunction with instructors for approval of the coordinator(s).
10. Executes plan of new instructional models and resources. Orients instructors as needed.
11. Participates in assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluations activities to improve the instructional quality of the classes and programs.
12. Compiles and submits records and reports related to continuing education hours, test results, and attendance as required for college, vendor, local, state, or national licensing or certifying agencies.
13. Provides resources and assistance for instructors to ensure regulatory requirements are maintained.
14. Attends industry meetings and professional organizations to represent the program(s), as appropriate.
15. Coordinates and/or participates in program and college recruitment efforts, including college and career fairs, program orientations and graduations, and new employee/instructor training.
16. Advises new students on program offerings, admissions and registrations processes, and potential job opportunities.
17. Conducts program orientation sessions and student admissions interviews as needed.
18. Connects students to additional college and agency resources as needed to enable their retention and successful completion.
19. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
20. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
21. Performs other duties as assigned.