- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, December 13, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent communication skills
Good attention to detail.
- Master’s Degree or commensurate experience preferred.
In support of the overall Career and College Promise (CCP) program, assistant will coordinate and offer educational/career planning support to students seeking enrollment and/or are enrolled in Career and College Promise CTE pathways. Position reports to the Dean, School of Transfer & Business & Coordinator/Liaison, CCP.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist the Liaison/Coordinator, CCP in visiting classrooms to promote the CCP CTE pathways.
- Assist Liaison/Coordinator, CCP with keeping the paperwork organized for CTE enrollments.
- Assist with the preparation of the SCC summer CTE camps.
- Assist CCP CTE students in applying to the college and completing new student orientation.
- Assist Liaison/Coordinator, CCP in processing CCP CTE Early Alerts.
- Work with high school/college personnel to prepare information related to career pathways for distribution to students and parents
- Follow a communication plan to ensure consistent communication with students, faculty, staff, parents, etc.
- Inform CCP CTE students of appropriate campus resources, e.g. Financial Aid, Supplemental Instruction, Disability Services, etc.
- Maintain appropriate correspondence with current CCP CTE students (e.g. performing a check-in with students, especially students identified as “at-risk”), for the advising and early intervention program.
- Collaborate with College Career and Technical Education Faculty, and High School Career and Technical Educators to establish and facilitate career and technical pathways for students transitioning to postsecondary education.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of education planning/advising materials for CTE Career and College Promise pathways.
General College Duties
- Promote career awareness and exploration, enrollment, engagement, and placement activities for CCP CTE students interested in nontraditional careers.
- Maintain a collaborative working relationship with college staff, local schools, community businesses, and local industries.
- Regularly utilize campus’ electronic media including, but not limited to, email, WebAdvisor, Datatel/Colleague, and the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Serve on college committees.
- Attend state and regional meetings for program updates and professional growth.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Position Training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- Colleague/Datatel Training
- Dropout Detective
- Canvas Training
- Self-Service/WebAdvisor Training
- Advising Training
- Policy/Procedure Training
- Onboarding Training
- School Dude
- Leadership Training
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Specialist
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001