RCC Main Campus
Closes: Wednesday, September 30, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution is required. Minimum of three years work experience supporting student/client success. Must be able to demonstrate organization/leadership skills, social media expertise, and knowledge of current enrollment management principles. Understanding of college/university software systems.
Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in higher education, educational leadership, student personnel, or a related field.
- Assists with the day-to-day operations of the Admissions Office.
- Assists with the compilation and preparation of admissions related reports and records.
- Assists the Admissions Office in providing pre-admission advising services.
- Advises prospective applicants, parents, and returning students concerning programs of study, admission standards, deadlines, policies, and procedures.
- Participates in college recruitment activities including career days, community programs, presentations, workshops, individual visits to area schools, etc, to include Career & College Promise (CCP) programs.
- Assists with the implementation of advisory system and registration process, to include processing change of major forms for students.
- Oversees Allied Health Packets for screening by Allied Health Directors.
- Works in collaboration with high school counselors and high school career development specialists to advise and enroll students into CCP pathways.
- Assists with organizing orientation activities for CCP students prior to beginning of their enrollment with CCP Advisors.
- Determines acceptance of applicants according to established CCP guidelines and approves qualified applicants using standard CCP admissions procedures.
- Tracks student progress and maintaining appropriate documentation to include applications, transcripts and test scores.
- Provide assistance with student registration for CCP classes.
- Documents all CCP change of majors, academic probation forms, and class withdrawal forms.
- Organizes the dissemination of college pathway materials/instructional supplies.
- Participates in team meetings and professional development activities as directed by the Director of Admissions/Enrollment Services in coordination with appropriate Department Chairperson or Program Director.
- Engages students, counselors, faculty, parents, and all stakeholders in information sessions related to college success and CCP advising sessions on related topics.
- Maintains quality partnerships with secondary school personnel.
- Interprets the mission, educational philosophy, and vision statements of Robeson Community College to the general public.
- Maintains the integrity of the College and its related foundations.
- Represents the College professionally and handling all student affairs confidentially.
How to Apply
Candidates for the position should complete an RCC Application for Employment (robeson.edu/hr) and submit a Professional Resume, a photocopy of Official Transcripts, and any other supporting documentation related to the qualification requirements. Robeson Community College reserves the right to perform consumer background checks on applicants who are considered for employment and the College may administer personality profile testing as part of the selection process.
Robeson Community College
P. O. Box 1420
Lumberton, NC 28359