Closes: Saturday, May 8, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field and two (2) years of accounting experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word.
• A strong commitment to the mission of the community college.
• Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles, including governmental accounting, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Knowledge in GAAP and GASB as well as governmental accounting practice.
• Previous experience with using Colleague software program.
• Minimum of five years of progressively responsible administrative experience in the business office functional area at a comprehensive community college or university.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director of Budget and Financial Reporting. The Assistant Director of Budget and Financial Reporting will perform a variety of high-level budgeting and financial reporting responsibilities and will manage the Sr. Accounting Technician. The position will be responsible for responsible for the monthly closeout activities and reporting to NCCCS, monitors and invests cash reserves for the college, and creates and maintains the chart of accounts. In addition, the position will assist with preparation of the College budget and annual financial reporting.