Closes: Monday, October 17, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and experience in the following areas:
- Learning Management System, preferably Moodle
- Conferencing tools such as Big Blue Button and Zoom
- Collaboration tools in synchronous learning environments
- Ability to prioritize, schedule, and meet deadlines.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years’ experience in the following areas:
- Through knowledge of a Learning Management System, either Moodle or Blackboard
- Through knowledge of and skill in designing online courses
- Through knowledge of instructional design principles
- Proven ability to develop instructional applications that are based on pedagogically sound principles and practices
- Experience with supporting online learning environments
- Knowledge of ADA, QM Standards, ACUE Standards, and Universal Design best practices in the classroom
- Knowledge of copyright, fair use, and appropriate use of digital media in online learning environments.
The Assistant Director, Center for Teaching and Learning will be responsible for working with all academic units to improve Vance-Granville Community College’s (VGCC) integration of learning technologies. This role will also implement VGCC’s online instructional presence, provide faculty and student support, and work with the Institutions Learning Management System (LMS ). Facilitate faculty development for new initiatives to promote student learning, student equity, and student success.
This position is assigned to the VGCC Main Campus in Henderson, NC; although, some travel to other counties in the college’s service area is possible. Consistent with VGCC’s Teleworking Policy, this position is eligible for up to 3 day per week of telework after the first 6 months of employment.
The following listing of essential job duties indicates the general nature and level of work required in this job. This is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required in this job. Individuals assigned to this job may be asked to perform other duties as required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Instructional design, development, and support for the College’s Learning Management System initiatives.
- Design and deliver faculty, staff, and student training.
- Work closely with faculty to develop more instructionally sound courses utilizing ADA, Universal Design, QM, and ACUE standards.
- Work closely with faculty on course development to incorporate learning technologies in all modalities.
- Provide support in the design, implementation, and evaluation of online programs and courses in curriculum and continuing education programs.
- Develop instructional materials for faculty and students.
- Advise faculty on trends, techniques, and best practices in educational technologies, uses and applications.
- Provide technical support to faculty, staff and students.
- Work closely with Department to test, document, demonstrate, and recommend Learning Technologies, tools and other applications for course development.
- Clone courses and create new course shells as needed for each curriculum, professional development, and coned enrollment period.
- Assist in enrolling faculty, staff and students in online courses.
- Assist in maintaining the Distance education website.
- Participate in college committees as necessary.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
- Light work that includes moving objects up to 30 pounds.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact