RichmondCC Service Area - Main Campus
Closes: Wednesday, July 8, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Computer experience to include Microsoft Office Suite of programs required. Understanding of social media platforms and marketing required. Associate Degree with at least 3 years related experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred in business, entertainment management, or similar course of study. Knowledge of graphic design concepts and graphic design software such as Adobe InDesign preferred. Knowledge of bookkeeping/accounting skills including cash handling preferred. Supervision experience preferred.
General Description: Under the supervision of the Director of the Cole Auditorium and Community Center and The Department of Marketing and Strategic Planning, the Assistant Director is responsible for front-line customer engagement, manages all aspects of the box office, and provides assistance in the day-to-day operations of the facility in a polite and professional manner representative of Cole’s and RichmondCC’s brand and mission
Essential Duties of the Position:
- Manage the Cole Box Office and provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers through online, telephone, and in-person inquiries.
- Design and disseminate printable and digital promotional materials and other marketing assets for Cole and college sponsored events including but not limited to campus digital displays, electronic sign, playbills, postcards, multiple social media posts for multiple platforms, videos, correspondence and other marketing materials. Ensure that appropriate promotional materials are consistently available physically or electronically at community and campus locations.
- Maintain records and invoicing in compliance with the NC Administrative Code and the Accounting Procedures Manual all financial records including but not limited to ticket sales and rental fees.
- Develop and keep current a database to include accurate records on rental and ticket customers and prepare it for analysis and reporting. Submit reports of all financial transactions daily to designated internal personnel.
- Assist with rental events, including but not limited to rental tours, contracting, setting up equipment, completing turnovers to prepare for events, and acting as front-of-house manager for events. .
- Schedule, train and supervise show night box office staff and ushers, manage all front of house issues, act as host/hostess for shows/events ensuring compliance with safety codes, and resolve all patron conflicts.
- Coordinate merchandise sales, front of house details, and hospitality meals and hotels for performing arts series. Assist with the research for and selection of potential acts for performing arts series and other college supported community event.
- Must work flexible hours including occasional weekends and evenings when needed. Occasionally responsible for opening/closing facility in absence of other staff members.
- Other duties. (Willingness to accept and fulfill additional assignments.)
Salary: Starting Range $39,279-$49,099 commensurate with experience.
Location: Main Campus
Position Available: July 1, 2020. Application review begins: Application review begins
July 8, 2020. To apply: the RCC Application and copies of college transcripts must be
received to be considered for the position. Incomplete packets will not be considered.
Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
- Methods to submit an application:
In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu