Closes: Friday, January 14, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate’s degree OR a full-time equivalent of 3 years’ experience in light construction, air conditioning, or facility maintenance
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as HVAC technician or higher
- Experience in electrical, construction, and maintenance procedures
- EPA 608 Type I and II Refrigerant Certification
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Ability to lift and place at least 70 lbs. on an ongoing basis
- Effective verbal and written communication
- EPA 608 Universal Refrigerant Certification
- HVAC Certification
- Experience working alone or with others from diverse backgrounds and providing excellent customer service
- Demonstrated ability to utilize diagnostic equipment, hand and power tools on a daily basis
- Experience performing silver solder, sweat copper tubing, cut, thread, and assemble black iron and galvanized pipe
- Experience performing PM’s, troubleshooting, repairs and installation to building and facilities equipment; to include but not limited to, plumbing repairs, carpentry work, electrical repairs to 600VAC and 48VDC, cleans electrical fixtures and replace lamps and ballast, and performs industrial painting processes
- Experience operating and maintaining chillers, pumps, condensers, compressors, package units, split systems, associated electrical, electronic, and pneumatic controls
- Experience in commercial and residential HVAC equipment
- Knowledge/experience in HVAC controls and Direct Digital control systems/technology
- Professional knowledge of systems for the operation and maintenance of college facilities and grounds including carpentry, electrical, mechanical, water, plumbing, and sanitary sewer systems, structural integrity, security and alarm systems, HVAC systems, grounds maintenance, control systems and code requirements
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with administrators, staff, vendors and contractors
- Ability to prioritize and organize services and responses to work request
The Assistant Director of Facilities is a full-time, 12-month position located in Union County. Under the direction of the Director of Facilities, the Assistant Director will assist in the development, scheduling, and oversight of a preventative maintenance program to maintain facilities and equipment in proper working condition. For repair and maintenance of facilities, machinery, and equipment, plan and execute a work schedule of skilled tasks to maintain a safe environment conductive to learning and teaching for all college grounds and facilities; apply technical expertise in determining work methods and procedures; and receive assignments orally or through work request forms, which may be accompanied by sketches or diagrams. Assist with supervision and coordination of activities of workers engaged in maintenance, electrical and mechanical operations.
- Assist the Director of Facilities – Union County with college-wide responsibilities regarding facilities.
- Accept responsibility for overseeing college-wide facility and property services in the absence of the Director of Facilities – Union County.
- Help plan, implement and supervise routine cleaning and light maintenance of all Union County college-operated facilities.
- Assist with personnel and visitors daily and at special events held on a campus or at a college facility.
- At the direction of the Director of Facilities – Union County, supervise full and part-time facility coordinators and technicians.
- At the direction of the Director of Facilities – Union County, oversee the work of contractors such as cleaning, grounds maintenance, and general contractor work.
- Perform PM’s, troubleshooting, repairs, and adjustments, to industrial/commercial air conditioning and all other facility systems.
- Maintain records of assigned equipment.
- Prepare parts/materials requisitions for approval as replacement/repair needs.
- Must work from elevated areas such as ladders, platforms, scaffolding, etc., utilizing fall protection equipment as necessary to complete task.
- Assist with college wide responsibilities regarding facility services.
- Assist in the management of the HVAC equipment and facilities.
- Assist with cleaning and care of facilities, properties, equipment, vehicles, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Facilities.