Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Dr., Clyde, NC 28721
Closes: Monday, November 21, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associates Degree and at least 2 years of finance and/or accounting experience. Attention to detail and problem solving skills. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Bachelor’s Degree; Experience working with students, experience in Community College a plus; Ellucian Colleague experience highly desired; previous supervisory experience
Primary Purpose of Position
Provide support to the Senior Director of Student Enrollment and Financial Aid; manage financial aid processes and supervise the financial aid specialists; manage the NC State Grant programs.
* Applications reviewed as received. Position only open until hired. *
Essential Job Duties
- Assist with State and Federal Financial Aid Reports. (FISAP. NCHED, IPEDS)
- Assist with the annual set up of electronic retrieval and processing of student Financial Aid records within the Colleague operating system.
- Serve as the second review for all verifications performed by specialists.
- Follow Federal, State, and Institutional guidelines for financial aid eligibility while processing and maintaining accurate student records.
- Manage the NCCCS Child Care Grant
- Manage any NCCCS scholarship funds (Golden LEAF, Wells Fargo, SECU, Finish Line Gant)
- Oversee all processes of the North Carolina State Grant Program (NCCCG, NCELS, NCLCG)
- Prepare SAP appeals and Professional Judgement requests for Director’s review
- Manage daily operations of the financial aid office in the absence of the Director.
- Provide leadership to the financial aid specialists.
- Assist with hiring and training of financial aid staff.
- Assist with the development of workflow procedures.
- Maintain the Financial Aid Web pages.
- Assist with coordinating the Scholarship Recognition Event with the Foundation Office.
- Prepare deposits for Agency Scholarships where they name the recipient and reconcile scholarship accounts with the Business Office.
- Assist students with completing the HCC Scholarship Application and collect Thank you notes.
- Post Institutional scholarships to student accounts.
- Point of Contact for EAGLE review and processes.
Complete purchase orders, file student documentation, assist with registration, serve on campus committees, assist with graduation, and other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at our jobs page: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/haywoodedu. Please call Beverly Balliot with any questions or if you are unable to complete the online application for any reason.
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be a current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
Haywood Community College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or status as a covered veteran in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Upon request, the College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities so that they may be able to perform the essential functions of their job unless doing so would result in an undue burden for the College.
Haywood Community College (HCC) is part of the North Carolina Community College System and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Founded in 1965, it is an open-door institution with the mission to foster an environment that meets the educational needs of the communities it serves, promotes student success in higher education and in the workplace, and facilitates economic development. This includes programs for Haywood County high school students through Career and College Promise and Haywood Early College. The college campus, a designated arboretum, boasts one of the most beautiful college campuses in the state with an iconic mill pond, a productive greenhouse, dahlia gardens, an orchard garden and a rhododendron garden.