Alamance Community College (Main Campus)
Closes: Friday, January 17, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required: Bachelor's degree with coursework in business administration and/or accounting; previous experience and/or training involving management; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Individual must demonstrate, in his/her past employment, the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and handle details effectively in a busy office setting. Excellent oral and verbal communication, computer skills, and customer service skills are essential.
Preferred: Experience in a finance-related area; experience in administration of financial aid; experience using Colleague interface or a comparable student information system; master's degree in business or human services field of study.
Alamance Community College is seeking a student-centered, problem-solving financial aid professional to serve the College community as Assistant Director of Financial Aid. Reporting to the Director of Financial Aid, the Assistant Director performs a wide array of tasks related to awarding, compliance, office management, staff training, and reporting.
Example of Duties
- Assist Director in supervision of daily operations in the following areas: federal, state and scholarship aid compliance and awarding, student inquiries, computer data setup and retrieval, and federal and state reports.
- Provide overall supervision and management of the financial aid office in conjunction with the Director.
- Provide compliance guidance to staff.
- Manage Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) for all students.
- Prepare reports.
- Award and audit student financial aid packages.
- Assist with federal and state R2T4 calculations.
- Make presentations about Financial Aid in classrooms as well as the community.
- Supervise and evaluate several support staff members.
- Provide overall supervision and management of the financial aid office in absence of the Director.
How to Apply
An ACC on-line application MUST be fully completed for consideration, which includes a required letter of interest and transcript attachment. Resume attachments are welcome but will not be accepted in lieu of complete application. Transcript MUST be scanned and attached in order to be considered for this position!