Assistant Director of Financial Aid
Closes: Sunday, June 4, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. Training/experience with computer software required.
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
4. Must be able to work well with students and as part of an office team.
5. Ability to exercise discretion and judgement in handling confidential material required.
6. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and some weekends to meet position responsibilities.
7. Must be able to travel overnight to attend workshops and conferences.
1. Master’s degree preferred.
2. Two years experience in the administration of Federal and State financial aid preferred.
3. Training/experience with Datatel and with computer hardware and peripherals preferred.
4. Must be proficient in mathematics and experience with managing budgets is preferred.
Under the direction of the Director of Financial Aid, the Assistant Director is responsible for management of the Childcare Program, the awarding/packaging of Title IV and State Grant Programs, and Veterans Affairs. The Assistant Director is responsible for assisting with the maintenance and management of the financial aid process and other duties assigned by the Director of Financial Aid and Dean of Student Services.
- Process verification of Student Status and Financial Aid Information forms for income based housing.
- Manage institutional and outside consortium agreements.
- Manage yearly updates of FA Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Supervision of part-time personnel, including Work-Study students assigned to financial aid.
- Oversee the processing of the FATR prior to each check write date.
- Manage and track student Exit Loan counseling requirements and counsel students as needed.
- Coordinate the document imaging of financial aid documents.
- Manage Transfer Monitoring.
- Assist Director with the publication of Financial Aid Consumer Information.
- Assist and serve as backup for Veterans Education Benefits processing and certification.
- Verify financial aid applications and enrollment status.
- Intake and counseling regarding financial aid process with students.
- Monitor student academic progress.
- Assist students through the request for professional judgment process and prepare requests for professional judgment recalculations.
- Provide information relating to student financial aid to students, faculty, administration, and the community.
- Assist Director with planning, developing, and coordinating operating policies and procedures for financial aid programs and services.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Financial Aid and Dean of Student Services.
- Manage the Financial Aid Office in the absence of the Director.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Western Piedmont Community College
Western Piedmont Community College, an equal opportunity employer, values and encourages campus diversity in students, faculty, and staff.