Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Dr, Clyde, NC 28721
Closes: Tuesday, June 22, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree in any field; two to four years' experience working in a Financial Aid office. Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
Meet required qualifications and have Community College experience; experience with Colleague highly desired; experience with budgeting and balancing accounts; strong communication skills both written and verbal; Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); working with students, faculty, and staff.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Manage financial aid & scholarship student processes; provide support to the Senior Director of Student Enrollment and Financial Aid in processing and maintaining student financial aid records; supervise financial aid specialists; manage the scholarship program while providing support to the Director of the College’s Foundation.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Assist with State and Federal Financial Aid Reports.
- Assist with the annual set up of electronic retrieval and processing of student Financial Aid records within the Colleague operating system.
- Serve as the second review for all verifications performed by specialists.
- Follow Federal, State, and Institutional guidelines for financial aid eligibility while processing and maintaining accurate student records.
- Manage daily operations of the financial aid office in the absence of the Director.
- Provide leadership to the financial aid specialists.
- Assist with hiring and training of financial aid staff.
- Assist with the development of workflow procedures.
- Maintain the Financial Aid and Scholarship Web pages.
- Miscellaneous tasks: complete purchase orders, file student documentation, assist with registration, serve on campus committees, assist with graduation, and other duties as assigned.
- In coordination with the Foundation Office, oversee the activities of the scholarship process including management of a master list of all scholarships, application, selection, and awarding of CU and CE scholarships.
- Advertise available scholarships and deadlines. Responsible for management of Award Management program.
- Manage Emergency and Extenuating Scholarship funds in coordination with the Foundation Office.
- Attend all Scholarship Committee meetings and provide support to the committee Chair.
- Attend Foundation Board meetings and provide updates as needed
- Assist with coordinating the Scholarship Recognition Event with the Foundation Office.
- Reconcile scholarship accounts with the Business Office.
- Prepare deposits for Agency Scholarships where they name the recipient and reconcile scholarship accounts with the Business Office.
- Manage the NCCCS Child Care Grant
- Manage any NCCCS scholarship funds (Golden LEAF, Wells Fargo, SECU)
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at our jobs page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
HCC is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sex, age, disability, genetic information and veteran status