Assistant Director of Financial Aid & Veteran Services (re-advertisement)
RCC Main Campus
Closes: Friday, March 24, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution. Extensive knowledge and experience with federal and/or state student aid program administration, compliance requirements, federal and state regulations, and Veteran Affairs educational programs. Experience in accounting and fiscal management to include reconciliation, auditing, and budgeting experience. Knowledge of Datatel/Colleague software, document imaging systems, and MS Office software with strong proficiency in MS Excel. The successful candidate must have a high level of computer literacy and experience with processing large volumes of documents and information, and be able to satisfactorily complete tasks requiring significant attention to detail and problem-solving. Must also be a quick learner and able to retain a wealth of knowledge and work independently to conduct research and offer solution to problems.
Same as minimum.
- Counsel students and parents on financial aid eligibility. Deliver exemplary customer service to prospective and continuing students and families in planning and coordinating the funding of their education.
- Manage the Federal & Veteran Affairs’ Work Study Programs to include hiring student workers, collecting and reviewing timecards, authorizing payroll earnings, and reconcile funds in accordance with federal regulations.
- Manage the student aid disbursement process to include: reviewing the Financial Aid Transmittal Report (FATR), adjusting student awards, authorize final student aid disbursements, and work with the Business Office to ensure the timely and accurate posting of student aid funds to student accounts.
- Process various reports related to the disbursement of student aid to include clearing rejected COD disbursements, resolving MRRs, and reconciling disbursed and undisbursed funds.
- Review Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) appeals submitted by students for reinstatement of aid. Update the system accordingly and ensure all documentation is compliant, adequately completed, and included in the student’s file.
- Exercise professional judgment to authorized changes in financial aid award due to the students’ unusual situations or circumstances.
- Perform Return of Title IV (R2T4) calculations to determine earned and unearned student aid. Run various system processes bi-weekly to ensure funds are returned to the appropriate federal and state agencies within the mandated deadlines.
- Manage the Veteran’s Affairs (VA) Program to include reviewing eligibility, certifying benefits, maintaining student records, and ensuring compliance with Title IV requirements.
- Counsel veterans and their dependents regarding eligibility for VA benefits and provide services and outreach to military veterans and their families. Serve as the College’s point of contact for the Military Affiliated Resource Center (MARC).
- Responsible for program reconciliations and year end closeout related to financial aid programs assigned;
- Prepare fund projections, budgets, and various reports to ensure assigned program funds are fully expended within the required federal, state, and institutional timelines.
- Determine student eligibility for various federal, state, and institutional programs and inputs financial aid awards into the student information system.
- Responsible for setting up and sending the Transfer Monitoring files to the National Student Loan Database System (NSLDS).
- Responsible for reviewing the de-registration reports to ensure student financial aid matters are resolved and payment is verified and secured prior to class start and drop/add dates.
- Run the Degree Audit report to identify courses not required for student’s program of study. Notify the student of the financial implications and work with student and various departments to resolve the course discrepancies.
- Assist with the preparation of state audits, VA audits, federal program reviews, internal audits, and various federal and state reports, as needed.
- Assist the Director of Financial Aid with software system maintenance, updates, and system testing.
- Interprets regulations, develops, and recommends policies and procedures to ensure compliance and accurate aid delivery.
- Interpret the mission, educational philosophy, and vision statements of Robeson Community College to the general public.
- Support the institutional goals and objectives.
- Maintain the integrity of the College and its related foundations.
- Represent the College professionally and confidently handle all financial affairs and student records.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Director of Financial Aid and/or Senior Management
How to Apply
Candidates for the position must apply online at www.robeson.edu/hr and submit a professional resume, a photocopy of official transcripts, and any other supporting documentation related to the qualification requirements. Robeson Community College reserves the right to perform consumer background checks on applicants who are considered for employment and the college may administer personality testing as part of the selection process.