Lee Main Campus
Closes: Monday, March 4, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's Degree
- Four years of experience in accounting, financial aid or business related field
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong analytical skills and attentive to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with faculty, staff (co-workers) and students.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience using computers and software programs such as Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience working in a financial aid office setting.
- Proficient in Datatel Colleague System.
The Assistant Director of Processing is primarily responsible for managing various day-to-day processes related to the administration of federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: reviewing all appeals, professional judgment and dependency override requests, student disbursement process and related reports. Additionally, the Assistant Director of Processing will supervise the Program Coordinator and oversees the administration of the Federal Work Study, State Grants, & Institutional financial aid programs.
Occasional travel to meetings, training sessions, and conferences as required.
- Oversees the administration of the Federal Work Study, State Grants, and Institutional student aid programs to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Oversees the timely and accurate posting of student aid funds to student accounts in preparation for disbursements after verification of attendance and withdrawals. Works in conjunction with the Business Office to ensure that fund are accurate and posted to student accounts in a timely manner following all federal and state requirements.
- Responsible for various reports related to disbursing student aid including: exporting data to external agencies, clearing rejects, resolving multiple record reporting with other institutions and ensuring that funds are received.
- Exercises considerable professional judgement in reviewing and approving/disapproving requests of aid amounts based on special circumstances such as a loss of income or extraordinary living expenses, selective service status information letters, dependency overrides and unusual enrollment history reviews;
- Reviews all satisfactory academic progress appeals and runs various related processes to ensure proper update of student records. Works in conjunction with the Student Success Office to ensure that successfully appealed students are placed on academic plans geared towards regaining satisfactory statuses.
- Assists in the administration of the College's efforts to assure compliance with the Federal regulations and audit requirements as specified by the U.S. Department of Education, the NC State Education Assistance Authority and the North Carolina Community College System;
- Supervises the Program Coordinator who administers the Federal Work Study, State Grant, and Institutional student aid programs.
- Ensures compliance with all financial aid policies, procedures, and regulations when processing financial aid.
- Manages alternative loan processing duties for the school.
- Prepares budgets and reports necessary for the administration of the Federal and State Programs and the office for Director approval;
- Coordinates with the Associate Director for Student Relations the ongoing operation of the Financial Aid Office;
- Acts as a liaison between various departments, offices, and outside agencies to resolve conflict, expedite processing, and access information.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.