Closes: Tuesday, December 20, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required educational background:
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution preferably in Higher Education or closely related field
Required kind and number years of work experience:
- Two years in academic advising, success coaching, admissions or a related higher education setting.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Multitasking, organization, prioritizing.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience, ability to follow-up in a timely manner, excellent written and oral communication.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment during peak periods.
- Effective collaboration/critical thinking/team building/problem solving skills.
- An understanding of and commitment to the open door philosophy of the community college.
- Two years in academic advising, success coaching, admissions or a related higher education experience in a community college setting.
- Supervisory experience in higher education, especially in student-facing roles
- Demonstrated customer service excellence
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
This position provides a wide range of activities involved in admissions, advising, supervision of staff, management of programs and process, and determining selection for admission into competitive-entry programs with the College.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Directly supervises two staff members within the Student Onboarding and Success department on Harnett Main Campus.
- Leads New Student Orientation sessions for new and prospective students.
- Serves as Success Coach to a caseload of students, conducts proactive outreach, and connects students to needed resources and services.
- Leads success coaching efforts on the Harnett Main Campus.
- Serves as the initial contact for prospective students by discussing various course offerings, admissions policies and procedures; answers specific inquiries, maintains contact with prospective students, and ensures completion of application materials of students in admissions process.
- Assesses prospective student admission data such as SAT, ACT, RISE scores, and RISE GPA and reviews transcripts from high school, postsecondary institutions, and other relative documentation.
- Serves as a point of contact for Harnett Main Campus faculty, staff, and administrators
- Provides students with academic advising by assisting with course planning, facilitating student admissions, advising and registration, advising students of available support programs and services, and maintaining records of advising contacts.
- Serves as Advisor to a caseload of pre-health science students and leads a competitive admissions consideration process.
- Conducts advising and information sessions for prospective students.
- Provides information regarding offerings to applicants which requires familiarity with all curriculum and continuing education programs offered by the college.
- Provides input and makes recommendations concerning admissions criteria, policies, and procedures.
- Assists with student activities, campus-based events, and retention and onboarding activities as needed, able, or available.
- Serves on college-wide committees as requested.
- Maintains adequate records and assures correct applicant status and starting semester.
- Work virtually and during evening hours as needed.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development requirement.
- Follow and support College activities, policies, and procedures.
- Performs additional tasks or duties as assigned by the Director of Student Advising and Success or Designee
- Responds in a timely and professional manner to admissions inquiries- phone, written, and personal conference.
- Recognizing and respecting the variety of experiences and contributions represented by all of our students, employees, and community, the Assistant Director will encourage a learning environment where everyone is supported and valued for their unique perspectives and experiences and will foster and promote the participation of all members of our diverse communities.