Closes: Monday, February 13, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, STEM, Finance, Accounting, Public Policy, or related field.
- Demonstrated project management, supervisory, and budgetary experience.
- Two years of progressive managerial experience in project or program management or related areas of experience.
- Two years of experience in higher education, specifically in workforce development.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar applications.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Master’s degree in biological science or STEM field, industrial technology, science education, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Higher Education, or related field.
- 3-5 years’ work experience in student advising at a community college or university.
- Articulable training and/or experience in providing support services to individuals from traditionally undeserved groups.
- Previous experience with federal grant writing and development.
- 3-5 years supervisor or project/program management experience.
- Familiarity with Avisio, Moodle or similar platform.
- Five years’ experience in college and/or high school teaching.
The Vance-Granville Community College (VGCC) Assistant Grants Administrator (AGA) reports to the Grants Administrator. The AGA directs, implements, and oversees selected VGCC grants, coordinates Applied Technical division career services, apprenticeship efforts, and special projects for VGCC. The AGA position is tasked with planning and implementing career services for the Applied Technical division and selected programs, prepares budgets, research funding opportunities, supervises grant staff, monitors expenditures, identifies support agencies, tracks results, and analyzes financial data. Represents and coordinates activities representing the college. This position reports to The Vance-Granville Community College Grants and Special Project Administrator.
This position is assigned to the VGCC Main Campus in Henderson, NC; although, some travel to other counties in the college’s service area is possible. Consistent with VGCC’s Teleworking Policy, this position is eligible for up to 2 day per week of telework after the first 6 months of employment in this position.
The following listing of essential job duties indicates the general nature and level of work required in this job. This is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required in this job. Individuals assigned to this job may be asked to perform other duties as required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Ensure program implementation, metrics, and scope of work of assigned grants are met in a timely manner within budget.
- Ensure performance goals and deliverables are achieved, review technical reports, and submit information to grantors in a timely fashion.
- Works closely with the Grants Administrator and business office to ensure expenditures are appropriately applied as provided by the grant award.
- Ensure timely progress and problem resolution through consistent communication with partners and staff.
- Acts as liaison with outside partner organizations to implement collaborative efforts instituted by the college.
- Work with other departments to determine funding needs.
- Provide oversight and general work direction to grant staff.
- Work with the Institutional Research and Technology Department to develop reports and gather data for grants.
- Working in collaboration with the Grants Administrator, prepares materials in response to Federal Project examination as it pertains to federal grants.
- Collaborates with the business office to close out competitively obtained federal and foundation grants.
- Verify and ensure that record retention and confidentiality of students’ information is maintained and secured in accordance with all applicable Vance-Granville Community College, State and Federal guidelines.
- Develop and implement career placement procedures and pathways for students in Applied and Biotechnical Technical programs as directed.
- Liaise with employer representatives to develop opportunities for student employment.
- Working in collaboration with applied technical faculty, develop TechTalk, TechTour, Grad Mixer and Workforce Link opportunities to enhance career exposure and employment opportunities for program participants.
- Develop apprenticeship opportunities in collaboration with curriculum and Continuing Education.
- Represent the college on apprenticeship related matters to industry and workforce partners.
- Maintain apprenticeship records in accordance with all applicable State and Federal guidelines.
- Take part in internal/external meetings regarding potential initiatives related to the college.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with industry partners in the local and regional biotechnology field.
- Working with college resources develops project ideas for future funding and support within the strategic planning initiatives as developed by the executive or administrative team.
- Takes part on college-related committees as assigned.
- Support and prepare a diverse group of students, including adult learners, women, and underrepresented minorities in STEM to achieve career objectives.
- Plan and take part in articulation activities with public schools and other community agencies.
- Light work that includes moving objects up to 30 pounds.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact