Closes: Friday, September 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High School Diploma or equivalent; and
- One year data entry and retrieval experience within a business or educational environment.
- Associate Degree
- Two years of experience with Datatel Colleague
- Two years of work experience in a community college setting
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
This part-time position is primarily responsible for providing clerical support for Nurse Aide, Health Occupations, Public Services, and some Business-related continuing education course coordinators. The individual is responsible for providing daily office support which requires computer work, filing, attention to detail, and professional customer service skills as well as entering sections into the SCC course management system, assembling class packets, and processing post-class documentation. The individual will also support the team with technology and communication efforts. This position reports directly to the Director of Health and Public Services - Workforce Development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide administrative support for nurse aides, health occupations, public services, and business-related courses and other programs (as needed) within the Department of Health and Public Services - Workforce Development.
- Prepare reports, mail, data, and other documents, as necessary.
- Ensure confidentiality in all matters.
- Provide support to the Coordinators of Nurse Aide, Health Occupations, Public Services, and Business-related continuing education programs to include:
- Entering class schedules into Datatel/Colleague
- Entering change memos and maintaining course files
- Preparing course packets for distribution prior to the start of each class to include instructor contract(s), timesheet(s), and attendance rosters
- Registering students, entering and printing grades, printing Informer reports, and preparing course packets for Continuing Education Registrar
- Assisting the Continuing Education Registrar with course corrections, missing documentation, etc., as needed
- Building new students and updating existing students as needed in Datatel/Colleague
- Processing instructor contracts and timesheets to payroll in a timely manner
- Monitoring copier/printer activity and filing documents
- Providing customer service to students, instructors, and the community
- Work with the Coordinators of Nurse Aide, Health Occupations, Public Services, and Business-Related Programs in the review, revision, and accreditation process as needed for program standards and to ensure certification and recertification processes for instructors
- Participate in the acquisition of instructional materials, audio-visual aids, support, and equipment needs
- Maintain on-campus office hours as part of a 20-hour week workload
- Perform other related duties relevant to the work described herein
Required Position Training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- Destiny One
- Microsoft Office
- School Dude
- Time Clock Plus
CLINICAL SITE REQUIREMENTS
This paragraph applies only to employees who serve students at clinical affiliates or off-site facilities. Clinical affiliates and/or off-site facilities may require employees participating in clinical/off site activities to complete a criminal background check, drug screening, and provide proof of current immunization status, health status, and CPR certification. Immunizations may include full vaccination for COVID-19 as a condition for entry to the facility, and proof of immunization is considered a minimum qualification for positions that require employees to supervise students being educated at such facilities. Such employees are required to present verification of current or up-to-date immunizations (including for COVID-19 for employees hired after September 1, 2021), as required by the facility, and current CPR status, as required by the facility, to their supervisor annually. Employees who serve students at clinical affiliates or off-site facilities and who are hired on or after September 1, 2021, are required to provide proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 on their first day of employment as a condition to their employment, except where they have a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance that is contrary to receiving the vaccine. Medical or religious exemptions are determined by the off-site facilities and not Stanly Community College unless the off-site facility has specifically designated the College as responsible for that decision. Decisions for exemptions must be complete within a six-month probationary period or at the discretion of the off-site facilities. Full-time faculty who was continuously employed in the same position prior to September 1, 2021, are not required to provide proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 and their job duties may be modified if they are denied entry to a facility due to vaccination status. Part-time employees whose contract is expired after September 1, 2021, and who apply for rehire will be required to meet the vaccination requirements of the clinical or off-site facilities if the position into which they are hired requires them to supervise students being educated at such facilities.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Specialist
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001