Closes: Friday, September 17, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a strong quantitative component (e.g. educational/social science, business administration, STEM).
OR Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university with five years of experience in a directly related area (i.e. Institutional Planning, Program Review, Project Management, or survey research)
- Three years of directly related professional experience.
- Experience with survey design and analysis.
- Experience managing multi-step projects requiring input and work from many individuals.
- Demonstrated intermediate skills in MS Office Excel, Word and Power Point (determined by pre-employment testing).
- Advanced coursework beyond bachelor’s level in statistics or research methods, especially social science statistics and/or survey research methods.
- More than three years of directly related professional experience,
- Three or more years in a related position at a post-secondary education institution.
- Three or more years of experience in an Institutional Research or Institutional Effectiveness office.
- Experience working with Institutional Effectiveness software for program review, service review, and planning.
- Experience with Entrinsik Informer and Ellucian (Datatel) Colleague, or similar business intelligence and ERP systems.
- Knowledge of SACSCOC Institutional Effectiveness requirements.
- Knowledge of higher education reporting requirements.
- Experience reviewing data according to reporting requirements and policies.
- Experience working with SAS or SAS Enterprise Guide
The Institutional Effectiveness Assistant will assist with analysis and reporting that supports the planning, course evaluations, and surveys of Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC). The Institutional Effectiveness Assistant is expected to maintain an advanced understanding of internal and external reporting requirements, College operational guidelines and policies, and GTCC’s data management systems.
The person in this position will coordinate the administration of online campus wide surveys, including course evaluations. The incumbent will assist faculty and staff in research design for survey projects and implement all phases of the survey process. This includes developing and maintaining online survey instruments, administering the surveys, conducting appropriate analysis, monitoring the results, and reporting on results. The incumbent will work directly with IR staff and clients.
The Institutional Effectiveness Assistant is expected to maintain and collect activities required for campus-wide institutional effectiveness. This entails maintaining the reporting calendar for program review and annual planning, updating forms to reflect changes, communicating deadlines and reminders of due dates, tracking the accurate and complete compilation of required documents from various departments and divisions; and preparing institution-wide reports.
Additionally, the Institutional Effectiveness Assistant may compile data required for regular reporting to the state and federal government, accrediting organizations, and grant activities; respond to ad hoc requests coming to Institutional Research; and provide routine institutional reporting.
The position is responsible for frequent handling of confidential data and must maintain compliance with FERPA and other applicable laws and regulations. As such, the position is held to the highest ethical standards in supporting decision-making across the College.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact