Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina 28801
Closes: Tuesday, December 10, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. High school diploma or equivalent;
2. Two years of full-time or equivalent experience in general maintenance, grounds keeping, or plant operations and facilities;
3. NC driver license.
1. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree;
2. Five years of full-time or equivalent experience in general maintenance, grounds keeping, or plant operations and facilities;
3. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
Assist with general maintenance and grounds keeping for the 2nd Shift.
1. Assists with grounds keeping during second shift as needed. Including snow prep and removal, weed trimming, mowing, flowerbeds, and tree trimming.
2. Cleans and changes of interior and exterior lights and light fixtures college-wide.
3. Assists with changing HVAC filters and maintaining cleanliness of mechanical rooms.
4. Changes ceiling tiles.
5. Performs minor plumbing work.
6. Cleans roofs and gutters.
7. Undertakes minor HVAC maintenance and repairs.
8. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
9. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.