Closes: Tuesday, February 28, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, with course work in business administration, office administration, computer information, or a closely related field required. Must possess data entry skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Understanding of and commitment to the unique nature and role of the community college with special emphasis on the open-door policy. Understanding of and commitment to the mission and vision of Richmond Community College. Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, tact, and diplomacy, and possess a positive, student-oriented attitude. Strong attention to detail, and the ability to understand and comply with all regulations.
Two years of experience performing general office duties. Experience with Ellucian Colleague.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Position:
- Issue transcripts, verify enrollment, and verify graduation information for students in person and through the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC).
- Support graduation activities, including but not limited to the following: collect graduation applications; print degrees, diplomas, and certificates; correspond with graduates; maintain up-to-date graduation lists; order caps and gowns; and assist with graduation fairs and graduation ceremonies.
- Evaluate and issue credit to students for prior learning, including but not limited to, transfer credit, military credit, and articulated credit.
- Enter registrations when needed. Process student drops and withdrawals.
- Verify course section census attendance and collect required documents from faculty. Ensure curriculum course section attendance and grades are submitted and complete.
- Manage the student document repository using document imaging software. Assist other staff members when access to documents is needed.
- Scan external transcripts, student withdrawal forms, and other documents using document imaging software, as needed.
- Handle sensitive student information with confidentiality and discretion abiding by applicable laws and policies.
- Serve as back-up to the Assistant Registrar for Admissions.
- Serve as back-up to the Registrar as Designated School Official to update and maintain SEVIS records of nonimmigrant students.
- Maintain current knowledge of courses and program requirements. Participate in North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) training and follow best practices issued by NCCCS and RichmondCC.
- Assist other members of the Registrar’s team when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RichmondCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Applications may be filed online at: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/richmondcc
OPEN UNTIL FILLED