1042 W Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet NC 28345
RCC Service Locations
Closes: Sunday, March 22, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Education and Experience: Associate degree in Office Systems Technology or related is required. Computer experience required. Computer experience to include Microsoft Office Suite of programs. Must possess above average skills in keyboarding, filing and computer operation. Strong data entry skills required. Must demonstrate good communications skills and deal effectively with RCC staff and the general public.
Work Keys tests with scores of: Locating Information - 4, Reading - 4, Math – 3 preferred. Experience using Ellucian Colleague preferred.
General Description of the Position:
The Assistant Registrar (Workforce and Economic Development), under the supervision of the Registrar and under the authority of the Vice President of Student Services, is responsible for maintaining all continuing education records.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Position:
- Maintain all Workforce & Economic Development (WED)/Continuing Education (CE) student records.
- Maintain an up-to-date filing system of WED reports and course files keeping required records in compliance with the Records Retention & Disposition Schedule.
- Enter registrations for WED classes.
- Collaborate with the Business Office to ensure proper processing of payments, third-party payments, and fee waivers.
- Maintain class attendance records, input grades, compute membership hours of completed classes, and maintain accurate student transcripts.
- Compile and process raw data to produce the WED semester reports and assist the Registrar with updating these reports prior to submission to the NCCCS.
- Issue transcripts for WED students and, when needed, issue curriculum transcripts.
- Issue student certificates for current classes.
- Assist other areas of the Registrar’s Office when needed.
- Assist with campus graduations for curriculum and WED programs.
- Assist other Student Services staff with answering inquiries concerning all courses and programs available at RichmondCC.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Available: April 1, 2020. Application review begins: Application review begins March 22, 2020. To apply: the RCC Application and copies of college transcripts must be received to be considered for the position. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
- Methods to submit an application:
In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu