Rocky Mount, NC
Closes: Sunday, December 10, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with 3 years relevant experience
Responsible for assisting the Registrar in coordinating the registration process and for the maintenance of all official student academic records.
- Assist the Registrar with commencement activities and planning as needed.
- Assist the Registrar with pre-registration and registration efforts as needed.
- Assist the Registrar with retention reporting efforts.
- Evaluate incoming transcripts and award appropriate credit.
- Assist the Registrar in processing program and registration changes.
- Assist instructors in recording student grades.
- Assist the Registrar in gathering and preparing data for local, state, and federal reports as required (including National Clearinghouse, IPEDS, NCHED, and CRCFAR). Also responsible for BGVU and RTSL.
- Assist the Registrar in certifying candidates for graduation.
- Assist in the College's commencement program, including the ordering of all diplomas and degrees.
- Assist with program of study approvals.
- Participate in professional development activities provided by NCC.
- Participate in College events and activities.
- Maintain regular and consistent on-site attendance during normal hours of college operations in fulfillment of duties not inconsistent with the expectations for full-time employees and College policies and procedures.
- Initiate and answer telephone calls and video conference calls.
- Perform duties as assigned which will contribute to the efficient and effective operation of NCC.
- Serve on various committees as assigned.
- Participate in and support ongoing assessment, planning and evaluation to improve student learning.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees may request reasonable accommodation(s) if necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Maintain stationary position, sitting or standing, for extended periods of time.
- Operate a computer and other office productivity machinery.
- Ability to maintain files in file cabinets.
- Occasionally lift, move, transport, install, or remove items weighing up to 15 pounds.
- The ability to communicate information so that others understand.
- The ability to observe details.