Assistant Registrar/Assistant Director of Records
Closes: Friday, March 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in a field appropriate to the position, such as data and records management, business administration, finance, or closely related area.
At least one year of related experience in student records operations (such as in a Records Office or closely related area) that demonstrates working familiarity of the functions of this area. Experience with Ellucian Colleague or comparable data entry/records system. Competence in Microsoft Office applications. Ability to utilize various types of office equipment. Demonstrated capacity for personal initiative without close supervision. Demonstrated planning and organizational skills. Ability to work well with a wide range of persons as a leader and team member. Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. Excellent oral and written communications skills. Demonstrated ability to protect the confidentiality of information.
Primary experience preferences: Two or more years of experience in a college or university Records Office or comparable setting. Experience in the supervision of others.
Assists the Registrar by initiating, coordinating, and providing for a variety of functions, processes, and services pertaining to the Records Office. Evaluates transcripts to determine transfer credit. Manages the Records Office in the absence of the Registrar to assure that functions and services are provided in a timely, efficient, and secure manner.
- Assist the Registrar with daily office responsibilities.
- Monitor and enforce institution policies and practices as related to student record functions.
- Maintain student records in an efficient, accurate, and timely manner.
- Contribute to improvements in processes and services of the Records Office including creating new processes as needed.
- Provide FERPA information to students, faculty, and staff; distributes and processes FERPA consent/release forms when necessary.
- Respond to telephone and customer walk-in inquiries and requests regarding: services and procedures of the Records Office (such as transcript evaluation procedures, GPA calculation, registration, schedule adjustment, and others); and various academic policies (such as repeat policy, ‘Incomplete’ grades, grade changes, and others).
- Assist in the College’s records retention and disposal functions as designated by the Registrar.
- Manage operations of the Records Office in the absence of the Registrar.
- Recommend, train, and supervise students for department work study positions.
- Assist the Registrar with budget preparation or reviews for the Records Office.
- Participate in appropriate Ellucian Colleague and other training pertaining to student records.
- Serve as RCC liaison for state-wide Reverse Transfer initiative. Manages institution process and participate in associated trainings and updates.
- Assist with the evaluation of external transcripts to determine credit awarded, as needed.
- Oversee the process for posting pre-requisite information and course verifications to student records for registration purposes.
- When necessary, update and enter information from permanent record cards to ensure information in electronic records is accurate and complete.
- Receive and process corrections and updates to permanent student records including name and grade changes.
- Verify student enrollment status and award of certificates, diplomas, and degrees according to reporting procedures.
- Research and process course substitution approvals.
- Responsible for process to identify graduate candidates.
- Initiate the preparation of academic records for graduation evaluation and assists the Registrar with evaluation procedures.
- Assist in verifying receipt and posting of final grades each term, and completes necessary reports as assigned or requested.
- Assist with recording graduation data, enters academic honors, and files completed graduation evaluations in student records following each graduation as necessary.
- Participate in designated functions of the Records Office to prepare for and carry out Commencement ceremonies, and initiates development of honors lists of graduates.
- Process and troubleshoot course registrations and schedule adjustments as necessary.
- Serves as National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) reporting contact and participates in associated trainings.
- Responsible for submission of designated enrollment reports (e.g. NSC reports, academic honors, etc.).
- Receive and utilize cross-training for designated functions in order to serve broader Records Office needs.
- Requires evening working hours to coincide with registrations and related events.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please complete an online application at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/rockinghamcc.